Day 1: Why I’ve come out of my shy personality to create a SaaS business

Jake Pryszlak
8 replies
Over the next 30 days, I plan to write about my journey as a shy SaaS founder, the successes and the fails (because they are going to happen). As you can see from Survey101 social media, I actually created the social media account back in 2020 and for various reasons I didn’t start the business. Here are a few reasons why I have now started Survey101: 1. I WANT TO PROVE TO MYSELF THAT I CAN DO IT I have had this idea for a number of years, but I haven’t had the courage to start. As start-up founders we often have that sickly feeling of: "What happens if it doesn’t work?" But what happens if you don’t give it a go? 2. THE ONLINE SURVEY MARKETPLACE NEEDS DISRUPTING Everyone knows about the well-known online survey tools, I have even worked for some of them on product releases and idea generations. It is time to change how individuals create online surveys and how the end users interact with them. This is why Survey101 was born. To allow someone to build a survey for pretty much anything. Saving them time Mistakes prevented And headaches avoided 3. WHAT DOES SUCCESS ACTUALLY MEAN FOR A FOUNDER? Over the past 6-7 years I have been called out as an influencer in data and market research (said by others), I’ve won awards, I’ve been promoted 5 times in 6 years. But I still don’t know what success means to me, or Survey101. I’m hoping as a Founder, I will create my own personal and company goals so I can understand what success actually means. 4. I WANT TO LEARN FROM THE BEST There are some amazing people on social media and around the world to learn from. My ResearchGeek blog generates 5 figures in sponsorship and revenue each year. I started many of those early on discussions from social media, I networked with 100s of people online and at conferences. I learnt very quickly that I wasn’t clever. I had to work for what I have got. So here is the start of that journey as Founder of Survey101. Personal growth, the ups, the downs. I might even show you some snippets of the product being created behind the scenes if you would like?

Replies

Brennen Barney
Good luck! Can't wait to see what you build.
Oscar Wehbe
Sounds good, can't wait to see your progress.
Amanda Trincher
Good option, sounds like a good success story. Thank you. In fact, I myself am now studying what is personality psychology? then to understand yourself and develop the best qualities of a leader for your business
Gwendoline Shaw
Very interesting and exciting.