Customer acquisition strategies

Shagun Banthia
5 replies
Hi ! I am working on my ed tech startup (small group live classes for K12) and looking to understand some effective customer acquisition strategies out there. Would love to hear your thoughts/any reccomendations/ book references etc regarding this! Thanks

Replies

Ansh Sdhana
Hi there, since we're talking about an ed-tech startup here, I believe you have to have a strong email marketing strategy in place. Figure out what are the pain points of your target audience and hire a smart copywriter who can really influence people into taking action. Moreover, you must also make sure that your source for acquiring prospect intelligence is trustworthy, I once got sandbagged with bad leads while I was doing sales for a UX Design Mentorship program. After multiple trials and errors, I got fixated on a tool named Aeroleads, It's actually just a chrome extension that you need to download and once you do that, you can run a search for your target audience on LinkedIn and Aeroleads will then give you the contact information of all the people that appear in your search results. It also allows you to handpick the ones that you believe are likely to convert and forms a separate email list for those prospects. This way you got only the data of those prospects that actually need your product/service, which is why they are more likely to take action once you reach out to them. I recommend Aeroleads because their company has a database of over 650 million people on LinkedIn. Wish you the very best for your startup mate!
Stas Voronov
The most important question is who is your audience? I guess it should be parents, right?
Shagun Banthia
@stas_voronov Hi Stas! Yes you are correct - my audience would be parents of children aged 3 - 13. Apologies for not mentioning it earlier .
Ilya Uglianitsa
Among the traditional channels (like Google Ads) i think referral program is worth an experiment here. There is a huge chance that parents of children of this age know other parents. If you'll create a valuable offer, i think this could work well
Alex Robinson
There are a few key things to keep in mind when thinking about customer acquisition strategies: 1. Figure out your target market. This is arguably the most important step, as you need to know who you're trying to reach before you can determine the best way to reach them. 2. Identify what motivates your target market. What are their pain points? What are their goals? What are their needs? Answering these questions will help you create a value proposition that resonates with your target market. 3. Research your competition. What are they doing well? What could they be doing better? How can you differentiate yourself? 4. Determine which channels are most likely to reach your target market. This could include paid advertising, social media, PR, content marketing, etc. 5. Experiment and track your results. Try different tactics and see what works best for your business. Be sure to track your results so you can continue to improve your customer acquisition strategy over time.