Crazy stories on launch day. Share yours!

Oleg Eltsov
13 replies
I heard many different stories about launch day, and what unexpected problems there were on that day. Please, share yours!

Replies

andrea saez
I once launched on the same day as Microsoft's Flight Simulator relaunch after years. Nobody but them got attention that day 🤣
Vlad
When you are delighted and you are very interested that in the end, you forgot to sleep. This is fine. *fire*
Elena Tsemirava
Looking forward to hearing some !
Olena Bomko
I had a crazy Product Hunt launch. It started like a nightmare: 1. They didn't show my product on their homepage. Products with 5X less votes were there. 2. They disabled my product launch at all. People couldn't vote. 3. I went live in the middle of the day. 4. They apologized because "unfortunately, we do miss a great launch."
Guy Cusson
We had a crazy launch day as well. After 18 months of development we launched our first platform owner's platform. We were all in a video chat, we played intense classical music to heighten the excitement, and pushed the big red button. We did an audience import of around 500 members and we ended up crashing the entire platform 45 mins after launch. Subsequently this was also the day that cemented the team's partnership. Nobody freaked out, everyone snapped right in to go mode and we had everything up and running smooth within an hour. Needless to say we learned about load balancing and scaling groups the hard way. We have never had a service interruption since!
We got to complete our teaser and some updates to the product just a few hours ago. And it all happened simultaneously. To add on, we had some issues with gallery images so we had to contact the PH team at the last minute. But they helped us just in time. On the whole, it was quite a rollercoaster and we somehow made it. 😅