Could you give us some advice on how to improve our product?

Eugene Yarovoii
11 replies
Our first launch didn't gather many reactions. I understand that preparation is very important here, as well as hunters’ support. But could you take a look at the current product and give us a feedback on how to improve it? In the future it will help us make the next version better. The PH launch page: https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Bhoomi Gupta
Hello, we just launched too! If you'd like to take an insight or inspiration?
Richard Gao
Overall, I don't think it's just something with that much demand. It's 24 3d icons, and although it's free, I wouldn't see it as something most people need. I also thing Gumroad might be a barrier too. They see the "enter a fair price" bar and leave, because they might think they were lied to about it being free. Even then, I think a lot of this does come down to marketing. What did you do to prepare for your launch?
Gladys Atienza
@richard_gao2 I agree with what you said. I want to try it myself but the price bar does not allow me to.
Richard Gao
@gladys_atienza Quick tip. If it's free, just put in "$0" for the price. Gumroad works in a really weird way.
Eugene Yarovoii
@richard_gao2 Thank you for these thoughts. It is really interesting. We are a design team and we know how hard it is to create content. While we are testing the trial version, we want to post as much free content as possible. It takes a lot of resources and time, so I expect it to be valuable to the community. Gumroad is just a way to share files and get download stats. This is a classic form of Gumroad, unfortunately we can't fix it.
Richard Gao
@eugeneyarovoy Do you have a website? I think people would be much more receptive if there was a "download for free" button on your website. It also works better for branding. Have you also looked in to AI generating icons? It'll speed things up much faster and I think you can greatly benefit from it. Stable Diffusion is a pretty good free AI resource for generating images in general, which includes icons. I'm also developing an AI API that hosts Stable Diffusion on the cloud, so I think it's likely more design teams in the future just use models of AI to allow their clients to generate icons for a small fee. If you're curious, I post a lot about my project on twitter @TheRealEtch
Aysh mohsin
Absolutely! Launching a product is a journey, and the first step is already behind you—kudos! Reflecting on the initial launch is smart. Consider gathering user feedback through surveys or direct engagement to understand their needs. Enhance your product basedon this invaluable insight