Company SMM vs Personal founder's brand?

Аlex Balykov
3 replies
Hey everyone! Some products try to promote their product page on Twitter, Reddit, etc., while some create a Founder's page using a personal brand approach. I know that ideally one would do both, but we all operate with limited resources and there are only 24 hours in a day. What are the pros and cons of each approach in your opinion? Which approach do you choose to focus on? We currently promote our company's brand, however, on the Product Hunt launch page we decided to use the message from the Founder. Check our page https://www.producthunt.com/post... your thoughts and feedback are highly appreciated because there is always room for improvement!

Replies

Max S
In my experience, highlighting the company's brand helps build credibility and trust with a wider audience. However, leveraging a personal brand approach through a Founder's page can add a unique human touch and deeper connection with potential customers. Personally, I've found success in combining both strategies where possible. But hey, we all know the struggle of finding those extra hours in the day! Your Product Hunt launch page looks solid—I especially like the message from the Founder. It adds authenticity to your product. Keep up the good work! And if you ever need a boost in social media presence, I've heard good things about https://9smm.com. They're known for their fast and affordable services!
Konstantin Bolsh
On Twitter and LinkedIn, it looks much easier to get early traction via the founder's personal communication. I tried both on LinkedIn, and engagement was incomparable. So, the company page serves more as a secondary landing page rather than SMM now.
Vivek Karna
Irrespective of whether company brand or founder's brand, what people generally dislike is sales-y kind of content. If you are truly, genuinely adding value and leaving people with either (a) new insights (b) entertainment, then its more effective. Also, generally one channel might work lot better than others.