Community focused startups, share your secret! 🀐 πŸ™‚

Shubham Pratap Singh
45 replies
All the community focused startups, kindly share your strategy of building community around your platform. What was the challenges and how did you solve it? How did you go from zero to current userbase?

Replies

Tobi Agbaje
listen to your community, respond to their questions, really show up and support them.
Naveed Rehman
Perhaps, start with a few hundreds of ai bots pretending to be real user. Use them to engage real users 😜
Naveed Rehman
@your_price_booking its not much different than how alibaba started their marketplace. with ai, the whole logic can be more efficient. no risk, no business.
Shubham Pratap Singh
Have you tried this method @naveed_rehman ? What approach/platform you used for this?
Naveed Rehman
@shubham_pratap Actually... I am testing it on your product... that's kinda new MVP testing method that I just invented. haha :D #DenOlsen (Joke aside, I never tested it)
Richard Gao
Really just promoting your community as much as you can That's how we grew the Evoke discord :)
Richard Gao
@dominicyates Just leaving relevant comments on Reddit
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
Good question, We take our Community as serious as we take our product. Take a look at this approach and find best ways that fit your capacity: The community is not the one that's around your platform, The community is the most natural part and an asset of your platform. You can check gaming communities on Discord. They are massive and drives the games more than creators or any marketing team can do.
Chad Lynch
To simulate human users, start with a few hundred artificial intelligence bots.
Shubham Pratap Singh
Have you tried this method @gikashin1973 ? What approach/platform you used for this?
Engage with your audience regularly and listen to their feedback. Create a culture of inclusivity and make it easy for members to connect with each other. Host events and create valuable content to keep users engaged
Anees Iqbal
My previous company was very community focused. It had a celebrity CEO who already had a massive following. His following helped to build the early adopters of MVP. The platform was then built in public with the involvement and feedback from the community to help with the buy in. I'd say it helps to be transparent, and engage your community, and follow up on the feedback and tell them of any features or improvements that were incorporated because of their feedback (makes them very happy!).
Kinga Stachura
I think knowing your community very well is key - understanding what people talk about, what are their interests and needs, what they need and why they even joined your community + what they expect from it. Understanding what are specific groups of users among your community and maybe first of all - what is the target audience for your startup
Shubham Pratap Singh
Till now max suggestion in the discussion is to use several hundred artificial intelligence bots posing as users and use them to interact with actual users @kinga_stachura
Nico
1. Understand your community: Before building a community-focused startup, it's essential to understand the needs, desires, and pain points of your target audience. Conduct market research, engage with potential customers, and get feedback on your product or service. 2. Build trust: Trust is essential when it comes to building a community. Ensure that you establish a trustworthy and transparent relationship with your audience, communicate openly, and respond to their concerns and feedback promptly. 3. Foster engagement: Create a platform or service that encourages your community members to engage with each other and your company. Facilitate meaningful interactions, offer incentives for participation, and make sure your users feel heard and valued. 4. Provide value: Make sure that your community members derive value from being part of your startup. Offer them resources, services, or products that are relevant, helpful, and enhance their experience. 5. Stay connected: Building a community is an ongoing effort. Continuously engage with your audience, listen to their feedback, and iterate your product or service based on their needs. Foster a sense of belonging, and build a long-term relationship with your community members.
Adam Kershner
I'm surprised to see so many answers about using AI bots to pose as actual users and interact with them... not sure about everyone else, but that just makes me uncomfortable πŸ˜… In my experience, you can have Discord, Facebook, and Slack communities with huge numbers, but they're essentially dead. I feel like the most engaged communities have great stories, history, lore, heroes, and heroines. One of my favorite tactics is recruiting community members to do projects (e.g. make a community newsletter to help newbies onboard and promote to more friends) Right now I'm in the process of building a community of Creators and Experts (real people) that are focused on collaboration and forming partnerships. There's an application process solely to eliminate bots haha If you're a human and interested in collaborating with us and being a part of it, feel free to check it out: https://nas.io/creators-and-experts
Rowe Morehouse
⚑ Tip: You can create a "private community" for free using Google Spaces: https://support.google.com/chat/... - Organized by in-line threading, or - Organized by conversation topic Like discord, but more "googley"
AndrΓ© J
Launching soon!
Start with a great product
Sasha Krsmanovic
There are many. One I'd single out is to find a way to facilitate an offline community from your online one While hanging out online is great, nothing beats face-to-face, having food and/or drinks together.
Kiura
In addition to great pieces of advice here, I would list a few things that keep (would keep) me in a community: 1. Exclusive deals/discounts/giveaways 2. Getting help from members about the product I am using (for example I am in react-native related channels) 3. Ability to share my product/ideas and get feedback 4. Channels just for fun with memes and funny stuff :) 5. Product I really wanna support, share feedback and help to make it better
To verify that you are not an AI bot, as previously mentioned in the comments, please upvote this comment.
Bud Broesky
learn to sell to organizers and community leaders. it’s a farce to think you alone will be able to build a large community. tap into lots of tiny networks that already exist and provide value for them. far more efficient, and you won’t stretch yourself nearly as thin.