Chrome side panel - anyone use it?

Martin · PlusThat.com
5 replies
That (relatively) new button up there next to your avatar on the Chrome menu opens the side panel. ↗ I think it's a pretty cool new feature on Chrome. I'm currently building a Chrome Extension that will make use of that space. For my use-case it's a perfect bit of browser real estate. However, I don't know how many people actually know it exists... Do you ever use it? Did you know it existed? Have you installed any other extensions that make use of it? Thanks for your thoughts!

Replies

Martin · PlusThat.com
It's starting to look like a "no"! 😂 How about the Firefox equivalent? They've had a side bar add-on for a while now.
Okeowo Aderemi
Yes I used it for a new extensions I'm working on, a Chrome extension that scraps from LinkedIn sales navigator. I have an option that chooses between Sidepanel and displaying in-page
Martin · PlusThat.com
@okeowo_aderemi That sounds like a good use of it. Have you published the extension? I think the side panel is a great alternative for not having to make changes to the core page display.
Martin · PlusThat.com
@okeowo_aderemi The Sider extension is impressive. I have actually published mine now. I use the side panel to allow people to comment on any web page. You can take a look here if you're interested: https://chromewebstore.google.co...