Choose one: Twitter, PH, Reddit, or Linkedin, etc (to grow audience.)

Charlie Kor
38 replies
If you have to choose 1 channel to grow your audience (I know it depends on niche) which would you choose? For me, Twitter. It's easy to start communication with your niche and can build relationships more effectively.

Replies

Hannah Price
I agree with you on Twitter being a great choice for growing your audience. Its fast-paced nature and wide user base make it an ideal platform to connect with like-minded individuals and build a following. Plus, the ability to easily retweet and share content helps increase visibility and engagement.
Benard Ogutu
I'd go for producthunt
Hello_Joy
Definitely, Twitter. Hey, guys if you are active users on Twitter, please pay attention to our launch! It really would be helpful for your building an audience on Twitter, easy and fast! hummin.io
Hello_Joy
@brajendra_kumar2 So happy to share the link: https://www.producthunt.com/prod... hummin.io will launch on the 13th of April! πŸ˜†β­οΈ Thank you for your mention!
Twitter all the way πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ
Shushant Lakhyani
Twitter is the best. LinkedIn is filled up with most of 9-5 working profs looking for a job. Reddit is a place for critics.
Charlie Kor
@shushant_lakhyani You already know how to play each social media! Thank you for a good insightful experience.
Mehdi Rifai
It's a tough question today. A few years ago I would have said Twitter no doubts but I'm getting very frustrated with Twitter lately.
Charlie Kor
@mehdi_rifai Yes, totally agree. Many Indie hackers feel the same way... Nevertheless, Twitter remains a good channel for building audience.
PH and Twitter for the win! ✌️🀩
Jamel
I'll go with Twitter!
Ágh Helmut
It's a hard question... but I would go with Twitter too! πŸ˜€
Charlie Kor
@aghhelmut Haha, do you have any specific reasons? Twitter is a convenient way for me to communicate. Can engage more in PH, though..
Richard Gao
Twitter seems to have a wider reach, so if I had to choose one for my own AI product evoke-app.com, I would choose twitter
Tanzirul Huda
For me, Twitter and PH are betterπŸ˜‰
James Brazil
If you want to build a community I would say Discord or Reddit. Reddit can have people stumble across you which is cool. product hunt is great, but I don't think many signups will come from it, but its a great networking tool.
Charlie Kor
@lvledup Yes James, I agree both channels (Discord and Reddit) are good for deep communication. However, I do not think Reddit is a great networking channel. The conversation has not been maintained despite my efforts..haha
James Brazil
@charlie_lee1 yea. I think Reddit is best for answering questions within your area honestly and correctly. Having a pinned on your profile that explains what your company does and links to discord. That way you aren’t overtly shilling your service, but you low key are if ppl found your answer good enough to look at your profile.
Charlie Kor
@lvledup I totally agree! You know how to play Reiddt very well. One day, I would like to hear about your Reddit's experience on PH. It would be insightful for others including me!
Oxana
Good question! Initially I've started with PH and Linkedin. But I see lots of suggestions to move to Twitter.
Charlie Kor
@oxana_ivanova Haha, thanks for sharing your experience. Twitter could help, but the main thing is to learn how to build an audience on Twitter by engaging with others!
David J. Kim
Twitter has waaay more reach than PH but people on PH are willing to engage with you a lot more.
Charlie Kor
@between_team Yes Daivd! That's what I experienced. It might be because of the limited ways in which we are able to communicate (especially for discussion) on PH. Here, we can focus on each other. In Twitter, however, there are many content areas to focus on.
Kirill Sokol
Yesterday my Linkedin post announcing our product launch on ProductHunt was liked by a profile with 120,000 followers and it gave a significant boost - 3500 Impressions at present. It's the best social media reach so far during the pre-launch.
Harley coates
Definitely, LinkedIn is recommended for growing your audience during a job search due to its professional focus, large user base, personal branding opportunities, job search functionalities, and engagement features.
Maria
Product Hunt 🐱🧑 I have never seen such a supportive community ever before πŸ€—πŸ₯° (When we are about support, I would appreciate your curiosity about what we are preparing to show you soon 😻➑ https://www.producthunt.com/prod...) LinkedIn is right after, especially because of niche connections...β˜‘ Twitter - I agree with you, it's very easy to start an exchange 🐦 For Reddit I am not sure, it's more like a sidekick, what are your experiences with this network? πŸ€”