CEOs, Creators, Developers: how do you feel confident going up against established brands?

Tyler Riggs
2 replies
For example, how do you start a blogging service knowing that giants like Medium, Squarespace, and Wix have an immense amount of resources invested in their own blogging/web building platforms? Most of these companies have branched out--with their large teams and resources--to include and cover niche offerings in their product's industries and markets. Is it because you think there's something missing your product can do better? That these established giants are too complicated? A USP they've all missed? I know that all these brands eventually started somewhere small, but they also got in at the right time, too.

Replies

Emmanuel Russeil
Going to compete with a brand already established in its field and with limited resources is not impossible because we have the right to dream. However, if this new competitor brings something niche to answer a specific problem, I think it's possible. I had the idea, a few years ago, to launch a project management tool, but which answered a unique problem of UI/UX design validation. At the time, it didn't exist, but lots of project management tools existed, competition yes, but I brought something. Going to take on a competitor already established in his field, challenging him only on UX and UI, that's called being very passionate!
Nadim
Try to focus on a differentiator, a niche is definitely required in such cases