Can OpenAI-based Bot help better than Customer Support Agent?

Serhii Uspenskyi
14 replies
Do you believe that the latest AI algorithms and features like "Open AI calling functions" may work faster and better than humans?

Replies

Anatolii
No, proved😉 it can be a good assistant, but it can't completely replace a CS agent.
@anatoly5ms I agree that in some cases - yes. But if we talk about straightforward things?
Anatolii
@serhii_uspenskyi, if we're talking about some basic user flows (a user stumbles during standard profile setting up or something), then yes, AI can definitely help with that. But if, for example, your product has a partnership program or something that involves using your public API, a user may face an issue when he gets an error that is caused by your backend/private API that can't handle the request sent from your public API. AI will merely not know what to start with😁
Ivan Ralic
One of the key KPIs for customer support/success is TTHR (time-to-human-response), so someone might argue that AI will never pass this Turing Support Agent Test 😂 Jokes aside, semantic search and vectorizing your knowledge base can do wonders without fancy prompt engineering and GPT. So I believe that when it comes to anything user-centric "Human" is the key, but we can use some of the "AI" features to enable our users better experience and resolve their issues automatically and fast. But faking human interaction with bots, I'm not sure will ever work. The same issue was with founders faking talking to customers by having outsourced support agents chatting on their behalf, it never ended well.
Tej Garikapati
We recently incorporated this onto our website. Initially I had my doubts, but tbh it saves a lot of time and helps with automatic lead capture. A lot depends on the quality of bot. Besides, my bot has an option called 'talk to someone in the company ' to handle complex cases. But it easily saves us 20hrs a week. Worth it for me!!
Anna Shults
@tej_sai Sounds great! Can you share your website, please? I would like to test it!
Thomas Hansen
You can't entirely replace humans, but it doesn't matter as long as you can significantly reduce costs. We've seen figures concluding with the Pareto principle, implying you can eliminate 80% of human workload. If you've got 10 support workers answering support requests 24/7, that's a 5 figure monthly saving if you embrace AI. My background for saying this? I'm doing this thing ==> https://ainiro.io
Tanay from Stacks
It is a frustrating experience. Because in the end, the bot can not do anything than provide answers. Sure, you can automate tasks, etc. But logic, empathy, and compassion for customers are hardly ever implanted in a bot. It will happen in a few years though.