πŸ“š Bookshelf Challenge: Share Your Inspirational Reads! 🌟

Abdal Yousef
22 replies
Hey there, Product Hunters! It's Abdal Yousef here. I'm excited to invite you to a fun and enlightening discussion: What's on your bookshelf? Inspired by my own collection, I want to know about the books that have shaped your journey. Share the titles that have inspired you, with a brief note on their impact. Let's build a vibrant community library of knowledge and inspiration. Check out my bookshelf for starters, and let's get this literary exchange rolling! πŸ“–βœ¨ https://peerlist.io/abdalyousef/... #AbdalsBookshelf

Replies

Immeral Sunstar
Here is my bookshelf. All sorts of books about all sorts of topics, not just business. https://www.goodreads.com/review...
Abdal Yousef
@immeral_sunstar, Love that your bookshelf covers various topics! Any standout reads you'd recommend from your collection, especially non-business ones?
Arpita Sinha
Switch: How to change things when change is hard by Chip Heath, Dan Heath Outliers : The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell The Power Of Habit - Why We Do What We Do, and How to Change by Charles Duhigg The Psychology Of Money by Morgan Housel The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli and Sulbha Subramanium All of these have contributed significantly to my personal and professional growth.
Reid C
@arpita_sinha1 I liked Psychology of Money as it helped shape some of the ideas around money, or why I want xyz. Have you read any of Tony Robbins books on Investing? Like Money Master the Game or Unshakeable? I feel like those are very actionable in terms of what to do with money how to invest etc.
Immeral Sunstar
@arpita_sinha1 "The Art of Thinking Clearly" is one book that I have never read but keep getting recommended. I guess I will have to pick it up at my library soon.
Abdal Yousef
Hi @arpita_sinha1, Sorry for the late reply, I'm in the midst of the final preparations for jaevesAI's launch. I noticed 'Outliers' and 'The Psychology Of Money' on your list - both are on my reading radar for next year. Also, the other books you mentioned seem fascinating, though I'm not familiar with them. Could you share a bit about how they've impacted you, especially 'Outliers' and 'The Psychology Of Money'? Excited to hear your thoughts and dive into these reads after the launch!
Abdal Yousef
Hi @reid_c, Totally with you on 'The Psychology of Money'. And about 'Money Master the Game', I recently explored it through a YouTube video and some reading, which is why it's on my bookshelf, as you might have noticed. I'm curious, how does 'Unshakeable' by Tony Robbins compare? Does it offer additional insights or strategies that build on 'Money Master the Game'? Eager to hear your take!
Abdal Yousef
@arpita_sinha1 @immeral_sunstar, 'The Art of Thinking Clearly' sounds fascinating – haven't read it yet, but it's intriguing. From my experiences with Jordan Peterson's and Jim Rohn's works, I've learned the immense value of clear reading, thinking, and speaking. These skills are crucial, aren't they? Keen to hear your take on the book and how it aligns with this philosophy. Your perspective after reading it would be really appreciated.
Phil Filippak
I'm reading Introspect by @visakanv! So far I find it super interesting, surprisingly non-overlapping with his first book (Friendly Ambitious Nerd), and very well structured. It is... well, it is about introspection. And to hint at the contents a bit more, it is about the hardships we may all encounter on our journeys and how to overcome and/or integrate those hardships in subtle ways. Here's the link if you're interested: https://visakanv.com/introspect/
Abdal Yousef
@visakanv @blisstweeting, 'Introspect' sounds really compelling, especially with its mix of influences from Nietzsche to Joseph Campbell. Thanks for sharing the link – it seems like a unique read on personal growth and introspection. Will definitely consider it for my post-launch reading list!
Phil Filippak
@visakanv @abdalyousef yay! I will be happy if you read it! By the way, do you have a Twitter account by any chance?
Emilie
Here's my bookshelf, probably not the kind of books that's most read on here, haha! But I thought it'd be fun to share anyway: https://www.goodreads.com/review...
Immeral Sunstar
@emnificent Thank you for sharing Emilie. I added some of your books to my own goodreads lists.
Leyla Safaraliyeva
Great picks! Can also recommend something from my bookshelf: "The 5 am club" by Robin Sharma, teaching cool tricks to have a super morning; "Everything is figureoutable" by Marie Forleo; "The serious business of small talk", shows you how to chat with anyone, even if you are shy; "Getting more" by S. Diamond
Rajesh Bhimani
Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson by Mitch Albom
Reid C
Most impactful book in my personal life has been Cant Hurt Me by David Goggins. I revisit it at least once a year. Currently listening to 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene And currently reading The Outsiders by William Thorndike
Yavuz Tunc Emran
β€œ101 Essays That Will Change the Way You Think” by Brianna Wiest