Best platforms to connect with other entrepreneurs?

Lara Tankal
18 replies
PH is probably one of the best platforms when it comes to connecting with entrepreneurs. What are some other startup platforms/communities you enjoy being a part of?

Replies

Arda Helvacılar
Best community to find the most relevant people to your startup? - Twitter
Brennen Barney 🚀 ClickStack.io
@helvacilar What's the best way to go about using twitter for this? Seems tough to get a good twitter following
Ege Yalçınkaya
I like being on PH but also checking indiehacker.com regularly
Imtiyaz
PH and IndieHackers are excellent communities for entrepreneurs to connect with one another. If you aren't already a member of the IndieWorldWide community by @anthonycastrio, I highly recommend that you join. By doing so, you'll gain access to resources and a support network that can help you in your business endeavors.
Shubham Dhawan
Twitter and Indiehacker
Lara Tankal
@shubham_dhawan Great combo for sure. I was actually surprised to see how much potential Twitter had at first.
Hamza Chiba Saghid
Twitter , indiehacker
Anil Meena
Twitter, PH & indiehacker
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
My personal take on this question is not popular but very powerful. Going to interviews at companies owned by those entrepreneurs you want to connect with. When you're being interviewed and reach the level of the owner, which is a common thing for smaller companies, you naturally build rapport, show yourself and start building relationships with those entrepreneurs. It's a great tool to build connections overall, but a bit time consuming. Still, you also benefit from getting to know their business better and can evaluate how their teams / processes work and learn from it.
Brennen Barney 🚀 ClickStack.io
@dan_yes agree! This a classic "do things that don't scale"
Lara Tankal
@dan_yes Agreed! It's not only great for networking but also get the know the companies as well. I'd say it's totally worth it even though it can be a little time consuming.
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
@lara_tankal @brennen_barney yep I agree, it doesn't scale. But that's also one of the reasons why most of the people avoid or underestimate this approach, meaning that when you actually do this, you're probably going to be the first and only person going through this much to get a direct communication with that entrepreneur. It goes a long way since it shows them how important they are in your eyes, and from my experience - people really appreciate it and remember this unique approach. I've found 2 very powerful business friends via this trick who we are still good friends with, even though I moved to another country and changed my career - we're still good friends and will probably be for a long time (I hope).
Marko Rakic
Why hasn't anyone mentioned LinkedIn? :D
Joseph Harold
I recommmmmened LinkedIn...Latest Business news and updates on Finance, share market.
Saurabh Wadhawan
Twitter, PH, Local MeetUps, Events arranged by fund houses
Ashley Abel
Email communication would be a nice and better way to communicate with others. Basically, people live in different areas. It's not possible to meet up with of entrepreneurs. But if you have an email address then you can do it easily and comfortably. So I think email communication would be better.