Best Advice To Validate An App

Natalie Maas
6 replies
Hi everyone, my name is Natalie and I am one of the "makers" of Desqk - An App For The Future Of Freelancing. I am in the final stages of securing funding. I am running a little survey online to get feedback from users on if they even like Desqk or find the concept helpful. The problem is I am not getting as many survey results as I would like. Does anyone have advice on how to drive people to complete a survey? Thank you, everyone!

Replies

MAC
How do people come across your survey?
Natalie Maas
@manjur_ahmed1 we have been running a brand awareness campaign on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Google AdWords, targeting our potential demographic and prompting them to participate in our survey.
MAC
@natalie_maas1 what worked for me to get people to fill out a survey/questionnaire, is i had a 3 page funnel Landing page -> Question page -> Result page. So they'd had have to answer a question to see their result. Users gave quality answers in my experience. Instead of promoting a survey, you could promote a landing page. Just put anything like "get a free checklist" or something, get them to click through, put your question/survey, and give them a checklist on the result page. I only asked my users 1 question, and i'd randomise the question, some people went back to the landing page and repeated the process so i got a few answers from 1 user. You could try a longer survey, i'm not sure what the abandonment rate would be though But basically what i got out of it is, if you can offer them something, they don't mind answering a few questions
Bari Facts
You can check review on Trust Pilot. I mostly saw reviews then i install app or game in my mobile, For instance i install Wrestling Revolution 3d but 1st thing first i check their reviews and it avg then i install and got concept of fighting game and make mine from chatgpt.
Padmakar Roy
Hi Natalie, First of all it depends where & whom are you approaching for the survey. Since, I don't know that I will just share my observations on the survey as a designer: 1. The survey says it takes 90 mins. But it feels longer. It may be because of too many option. A busy user may find it exhaustive and quit in the middle. 2. Many options are too text heavy. Texts can be cut down while still making sense. Ex.- Q4, Option E - "The level of customer support......platform". Replace it with "Customer support & assistance" and it still will make the same sense. Longer sentences are difficult to read. 3. Introduction to the survey says "We appreciate your participation in our survey, and we will utilize the results to validate our app. We appreciate your contribution towards achieving it." You may stop at the 1st sentence. Second sentence is just a repetition. In a nutshell, revisit the survey. Remove unnecessary texts and also try to cut down own number of choices. It might improve the results. This might be helpful : https://www.nngroup.com/articles...