As a product manager, how do you set and generate the MVP for your product?

Ferhan Gül
10 replies

Replies

Ryan Ong
Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days The book covers customer map, which you should look into in terms of figuring the MVP to produce :)
First i define the problem and target audience, next I prioritize essential features, develop a prototype, gather feedback for it and iterate based on feedback we receive :)
Michael Silber
I think about what metric I'm trying to move and strip out features that convolute the outcome. It's really easy to give into wanting to build an ideal experience, but sometimes we just have to see if the idea is what our users want. That being said, we have to be able to give ourselves some room to iterate, even if the first experiment fails to move anything.
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
My approach to building an MVP: - Identify my own assumptions from problems to audience - Research or gather feedback from potential customers - Create a landing page to clearly explain the product and test assumptions if needed at waitlist with some questions for your product - Track user behavior and feedback to iterate and improve the MVP. Rinse and repeat!
Tristan Berguer
To build an MVP when you have an idea, my process is to : - Search the internet for as much information as possible about your competitors, their services, what they offer, why they made the choices they did. - Define the target of my product, know who I am addressing, what will help me to position myself on the design, the features, the price etc... - Then, I define all the ideas I want to put in my product (even the craziest ideas), the idea and sort it out afterwards. - I prioritize the best ideas, not the ones I think are the best, but the ones that meet the most customer/user needs and one or two key features that can make people use my product rather than a competitor's - I develop the project with these few features - Once the product is launched, I take as much feedback as possible from the users in order to improve the product as much as possible and make it meet their needs. The goal is to make sure we have found the "product market fit". Don't forget the tracking tools, I think that's what people forget the most... and it's the most important to be able to do AB-TEST and this kind of tests ! Don't hesitate to follow me on linkedin, I launch a lot of projects and I try to explain step by step what I do... 🔥🚀
Mehdi Rifai
Defining an MVP is always tricky. I always try to think like a minimalist. What's the lowest number of actions that will make this product work. Using Figma helps visualize and do demos to your first beta testers. Once you confirm the features on prototype you can start developing the MVP and release it to the public.