As a maker, what's your favourite life-hack?

André J
22 replies
For me personally: Pushing the hard tasks into the beginning of the day when my brain is refreshed and ready for a challenge. And do more light-weight task later that can be done on Auto-pilot. What's your favourite life-hack?

Replies

Rebecca Harris
my favorite life hack is using a structured daily planner, digitally or physically, to categorize tasks into 'must-dos,' 'should-dos,' and 'could-dos,' allowing me to efficiently prioritize and manage my time, and ensure that my creative energy is focused where it matters most!
Elizabeth Tishchenko
Do some activity before jumping straight to work to prepare my body and mind. It. Walk or light sports boost my creativity and efficiency.
Artyom Shimanski
I have developed the habit of doing the most important and difficult things early in the morning.
Frank Nguyen | Afforai
Always start somewhere even when I don't know where to start. Same as you I push the hard tasks up first, and a lot of time I didn't know where to start, for example making a really tough content angle for a campaign. Back then I would just stuck in the thinking and pondering phase, but now I realized I need to start somewhere. So now I just start writing things down, or chat with Afforai to help me brainstorm
Nina Austria | Afforai
Break larger tasks down into smaller, more manageable steps. This will make them feel less overwhelming and easier to tackle.
André J
Launching soon!
@nina_austria good one. Some things can’t be broken into smaller parts tho. How do you tackle that? Personally I go into rainman mode when it happens 🤓
André J
Launching soon!
@gagandt I call it the autist mode, but I don't know if that's politically correct. Basically just shut out the world, bunker up with food and obsess over the challenge until it's solved. can take a week or 3. Can also go under the name "submarine mode"
Nina Austria | Afforai
@sentry_co That’s a great point- not all tasks can be easily broken down. If the reason we can’t break it down is because the task is especially complex or specialized, some things that might help are seeking clarification from experts who could help us look at the problem from another angle, researching + gathering info to help us gain a better understanding and possibly identify smaller components / subtasks, or stepping away from the task for a bit and coming back to it with a fresh mind (source: afforai 🤓). I find this last one is often really helpful and usually helps me find those first steps I can take to make even a bit of progress. Rainman mode works too though!
Nader Jaber
Semen Retention is my life-hack, follow the relevant subreddit for more info.
Shajedul Karim
embracing "do nothing" moments, to let the mind wander and create. it's tempting to fill every minute with hustle, but magic often sparks in the pauses. it's a counterintuitive life-hack, but one i've found invaluable in my maker journey. we must remember that our minds aren't machines — they need space to breathe, create, and surprise us.
Dan from Avarup
A coffee a day, is the best way ☕
udhay yadav
Do the hardest thing first.
Neha Khan
Make a product that users find helpful in their daily use.
Robert Mao
always has a deadline.
Walk, when engaged in long calls or audio meetings. Helps me stay active and burn some extra calories 😉
Gigi Damyanova
Timeboxing! It changed my life - this way I can make sure that I work on everything I wanted to work on that day and I don't get too carried away with spending the whole day on 1 thing.