Are you running ads? Where are you doing it? How is it going?

Dylan Merideth
11 replies
Paid ads are an attractive option for validation and growth, but drive customer acquisition costs higher. How are you viewing them?

Replies

Kateryna Manokha
Are you mean ads on producthunt or in general?
Daniel Engels
yes, I do run Google Ads. I think the vast majority of companies should run them, at least to some extent. The first piad acquisition customers are cheaper to obtain; the costs rise exponentially the more you scale.
Dylan Merideth
@daniel_engels Thats an important point to make note of, what makes the costs rise with scale? Just in number of eyes you're trying to reach or some other piece I am missing?
Daniel Engels
@dylan_merideth Google typically sells the 3 top positions above the organic search results. It's an auction. It's cheaper to bid for the 3rd position than the first one - but you'll get fewer impressions. There are other reasons too. Too sum it up, it's rather cheap to get the first few conversions, but then the cost rises exponentially. This is normal.
Dylan Merideth
@daniel_engels Thank you so much for the lesson Daniel, learnings like that are really helpful for setting expectations.
LiteBlue USPS
Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post. https://www.marriottglobalsource...
Luka Vasic
Facebook and Google currently, and they are going well. Thinking about LinkedIn ads if anyone has experience
Dylan Merideth
@luka_vasic I wish I could say from experience, but I will say that I have heard in other conversations with founders on twitter that LinkedIn ads are quite expensive, but not a bad route especially if your target demo lives there. Between facebook and google, is there one that has been a better experience for you?
Luka Vasic
@dylan_merideth Only done those two, a bit of IG but that's basically FB. I know a few people doing TikTok and it is going well.