Are we headed towards a recession?

Dylan Merideth
3 replies
Recessions often spell out some rough times for founders to persevere through. Do you think we will have to buckle down if you havent already?

Replies

Ludovico Petrali
Most likely YES. Central bankers has a very hard job to accomplish now. Raising rates to tackle inflation (with a lot of unknown with regards to War, China Lockdown etc) without leading to a recession... I think the FED could be able to arrange a soft landing somehow because US starts from a better point in terms of growth and demand. For Uk and EU probability of a non-recession is even lower.
Ludovico Petrali
That said, what is interesting/will be interesting to notice is the impact on private investments and especially start ups / Valuation may take a hit but In the end the impact wiill be limited and more distributed on time compared to big corp
Dylan Merideth
@ludovico_petrali I agree, theres a tough task ahead for the FED, and a soft landing is the best case scenario here. If inflation gets under control then the FED will have an opportunity to be more dovish, but until then, we are going to continue to get squeezed. As a startup, I think if you can grow and maintain runway, then you have a good chance at coming out of this stronger