Are we going to see soon new products coming with tag "Made without using AI"?

Swapratim Roy
17 replies
ChatGPT is awesome. So are most Generative AI platforms. The breakthroughs are boosting and fueling hundreds of new products and startsups almost everyday. Quite often when I go inside - I find either API calls made to ChatGPT/Dall-E2 or similar software. Otherwise a bunch of if-else in the name of AI. So technically that makes the new products and startups simply a white lebeled resellers of ChatGPT or similar platforms. Then why should I remember countless AI product names when I know the source software everytime? Is it only me who is little bit tired of seeing new products everywhere tagged with AI? Are we in a threshold where soon enough we are going to see products coming up with tags like "Not made using AI" sort of stuff?

Replies

Olivia Simmons
AI is extensively used in manufacturing, supply chains, and quality control, making it challenging for companies to exclude AI from their production processes.
Swapratim Roy
@olive_sim42 I don't think companies especially in manufacturing will ever stop on AI to improve towards lean processes and further improvements. This is quite important on that forefront...
Charlotte Griffin
Companies rely on AI for efficiency, innovation, and quality assurance, making it hard to justify excluding AI from their manufacturing practices.
Swapratim Roy
@charlotteg67 I don't think manufacturing parties need to stop relying on AI. I'm bit curious on how many startups we are going to remember which are disguised as white labeled chatgpt solutions :-)
Mia Cooper
Companies are more likely to showcase how they leverage AI to enhance product features, rather than advertise products as AI-free.
Swapratim Roy
@mia_seicooper Is this because of the ongoing AI trend in 2023? Maybe in 2024 when there's a new trend - companies will try to adhere themselve to the new trend?
Isabella Lee
Consumer expectations favor products with advanced technologies, so companies are inclined to promote AI integration rather than emphasize its absence.
Swapratim Roy
@isabella_l33 That's true - there are many products which needs advancement with AI. I'm more inclined to just another ChatGPT extension :-D
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
The future's full of surprises! Maybe we'll spot products proudly boasting the "Made without AI" tag soon.
Jacob Carlson
I think so. In some industries (like animation for example) I could see AI generated content become so saturated that having a "Made by a human" tag would be a sign of higher quality
Swapratim Roy
@imjncarlson ahh! Very well said - I was hovering in that region for a while & I found AI, although not always perfect, is praised as superior creator of contents. Whereas a human touch might be more professional & well needed. So curious to follow this AI trend evolution.
Stephanie
AI is set to revolutionize our work routines and improve our productivity. Reviewing the ones that genuinely deliver their promises will take some time.
Swapratim Roy
@pixel_dust I'm afraid of FOMO because of this hype. Everything cannot be gold but golden products can be missed out in the crowd.
Sofia Murphy
Haha, Great question and thoughts! Loved reading comments though.