Are there any particular women who have inspired you, and if so, how have they influenced your life?

Melikekerpel_art
73 replies
Jeanne Baret, Frida Kahlo, Virginia Wolf, Sabiha Gokcen the ones first appears in my mind. I respect women in history and I believe it was even harder to achieve any success back then.

Replies

Eileen Simons
This might sound a little corny but my mum! She started from 0, having nothing and being one of the kindest persons I know. She worked hard her way, made an awesome family, found a great job and is still one of the humblest and greatest persons I know.
Won Park
Everyone probably agrees, but maybe Cathie Wood(cashwood)? lol
Francesco D'Alessio
More recently, I've really enjoyed the work from Melanie Perkins from @canva - the way she's moved her product around the market and now expanding into work based tools - is so impressive!
Ilya Berdysh
@canva @francescod_ales I completely agree! Melanie Perkins' vision for Canva is truly inspiring. It's amazing to see how the product has evolved and expanded into new markets.
LisaKim
a little cliché but I find Oprah Winfrey’s story to be truly inspiring
My role models are definetly strong women in family like my mother and my grandma. Other than that Frida Kahlo :)
Richard Gao
My grandmother. She lived in a difficult time in another country and still made a good life for herself.
Sandra Salis
My mother-in-law who decided to go back to school at 52 and become a nurse, she works in the ER department still to this day. It reminds me of the strength we all have inside of us.
Jerryton
The knowledge and skills of @sandra_robin were incredibly inspiring to me, and her influence on my life is beyond what anyone could imagine.
Justin Bassett-Green
I struggle to imagine ever having the bold confidence of @emgreen33. She visited us in Chicago from her native Australia and two months later, she just . . . moved here. like wtf how can you be that decisive? I can't even pick which game to play on Steam
Salima Nadira
@emgreen33 @jtbg I can't even be decisive enough to buy a game on Steam that's on a heavy discount xD
Shannon Coulon
I peeked at the responses before writing mine - and I totally have to agree my mom is one of my biggest inspirations. More recently I've been inspired by Leila Hormozi. Her content is golden! I admire her work ethic, honesty, and energy.
Swapratim Roy
I have 3 women influencers in my life: 1. My mom of course because her values shaped my life 2. My gf & now wife who showed me the way to begin a lovely family 3. My 3.9 yr old daughter who made me realize what unconditional love is... Happy womens' day!
Rafael Camargo
Marisa Monte. The way she conducts her mastery in songwriting, singing and playing was the inspiration for me to write the Skills page of my website.
George Pór
Nora Bateson, one of the wisest, multi-talent living women. https://batesoninstitute.org/nor...
Ilya Berdysh
I'm inspired by Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook, for her leadership and advocacy for women in the workplace. Her book Lean In taught me to embrace my ambitions and push past societal expectations.
Chris Sarca
Rachel Andrew, Jen Simmons, Una Kravets, and I could list more, these women inspired me to learn more and get better at front-end development.
Nicole Stax
I greatly look up to women who openly talk about the hidden cost of trying to do EVERYTHING. As women, we CAN do just about anything, but there are also real costs that we scarcely talk about. I appreciate when women are real about what they prioritize, what they sacrifice in pursuit of something else, the help they utilize, and how they integrate their many competing priorities. It is a detriment to everyone when we pretend like we can do it all, all the time, all by ourselves. Maybe we can, but that is not the type of entrepreneurial life I am after. It reeks of burn out, anxiety, and trying to heal wounds through achievement. I am after both freedom and peace. The women who openly discuss their strengths AND their limitations (opportunity to delegate) inspire me. REAL inspires me... and it is rarer than it should be. Warmly, Nicole Stax
Caryn Waller
I have SO MANY but started by looking at film and tv so we have an easy shared reference base. I have 3 - Shonda Rhimes, Reese Witherspoon and Michelle Pfeiffer. Shonda has dominated TV show running since 2006 with such purposeful determination, analysing success on results, keeping true to story, understanding why some of the team need to leave without resentment, actively rewarding team players, and letting poor team players leave without second guessing that decision. My how I laughed when so many were shocked when Reese's company was sold for $900M who thought she was 'just a rom com actress'. I saw that coming such a long time ago. Reese stayed true to her purpose of supporting other women and got involved in a diverse portfolio of businesses about things she was passionate about with such vision, energy, and positivity. It's no shock she named her production company 'hello sunshine' - that positive, focused, visible energy is a massive part of her success. Michelle Pfeiffer won the orange county beauty pageant in 1978, her first tv role was as 'the bombshell', her first movie role following Grease 2 (1982) was opposite Al Pacino in Scarface in 1983. Pageant winner to starring opposite one of the best in the industry in less than 5 yrs. She dared to challenge and believe in herself. I think she's super smart in her personal life as she quietly married David E Kelley in 1993 (writer of Ally McBeal and Big Little Lies). I still can't believe at times that those shows were written by a man. Never underestimate the power of a partner / immediate team who understand you. She's made such great choices because she believes in herself so strongly, fearlessly challenges herself, and surrounds herself with a community that know and support her. I hope perhaps my 3 in this one industry become inspirations for you too. I could do this for so many industries to be honest, but this is my starter for ten. Happy International Women's day everyone.
Janel
As a creator and a newsletter writer, I'm really inspired by Anne-Laure (@anthilemoon) & Steph Smith (@stephsmith). Both of these incredible women put out high-quality content, are amazing people and ship things that make people's lives better.