Any tips on finding/hiring tech talent during the current market?

Parsa
6 replies
Hey! I'm leading a seed stage company looking to scale our tech and would love some advice on hiring during the current market. I'm 22 years old so I haven't really done hiring during a recession before.

Replies

Alizée Chasse
Hi Parsa, As you know, most tech talents are so demanded they don't want to lose time and energy chasing false hopes. My advice would be to be straightforward in what you're offering; transparent pay, clear benefices, and great team spirit. This way, you can be radically honest about what you're looking for: experience, skills and responsibilities. But mainly, create a culture that respects your values and find the people with the soft skills necessary to carry it through. Social networks are a great place to start when you're a new founder. Look for people you humanly like. You can then automatically analyse their technical skills with many tools and solutions. Check .rankode, it's free for now and will rate the code of your targets to verify they match your needs. Finally, to boost your retention once they're in, be active in your leadership. Your team is your company's legacy and future. Offer them a solid direction to follow, support and listen to their expectations and aspirations.
Chris Connors
Hi Parsa! Happy to jump in here and help. What kind of positions are you hiring for?
Parsa
@chris_connors1 tech talent with ML or achitecture scaling experience. Going through a bit of a R&D craze atm
Chris Connors
@dyne_parsa Got it. Is the positions fully remote? One of our customers just posted a MLE job and got close to 100 applicants that they were really happy with. Happy to go through some recommendations on this - https://calendly.com/chris-2850/...
Max Korpinen
Hey Parsa! I feel you. Hiring is hard, even in good market conditions. Startups can rarely compete with the same talent that enterprises try to reach. It's a somewhat different profile. The best things you can do is A) be fully transparent about salary, work environment, your company's stage; B) offer other benefits such as stock options and flexible working conditions, and C) get creative with the channels you use to find candidates. Feel free to check my company's blog, I wrote an article recently for startup founders, the tips in there might be useful for you.
Mgdk23739
Hi Parsa, have you tried getscout.ai? You just need to upload a JD, and you can find the relevant talents at no cost.