AMA - Made the first $1k MRR in June 🥓

Frank Sondors
9 replies
We launched on 1st June... And I know that making your first $1k MRR is really hard for many of us, so those who need some help to get the first customers through the doors, ask away

Replies

Julien Fayad
I'll take any tip/help :-)
Frank Sondors
@julien_fayad I could talk for hours if not days, but I would say do things that don't scale first and do a lot of it. Start with this: http://paulgraham.com/ds.html
That's amazing! Congratulations! What marketing channels did you use to make sure you reached the right audience for your product and how did you measure the success metrics of your campaigns?
Frank Sondors
@atik_hossain on inbound front doing things that don't scale: engaging in FB groups, subreddit, Indiehackers, LinkedIn and even doing TikToks! On outbound front DMing people on Twitter and LinkedIn and then doing cold email outreach through our own tool, which accounts for 70%. So inbound effort is about 30%
Neha
Congratulations Frank, on achieving your first $1k MRR milestone! That's a significant accomplishment. could you please share some strategies to reach and achieve this milestone and which marketing channels are effective for reaching the right audience?
Frank Sondors
@neha_joshi8 it's really about doing things that don't scale in the early days and being nimble with your time. Only invests if you'll see impact. Capitalize on your network, though I have multiple deal sources, for example: Events Slack community Network Whatsapp F6S Waitlist Cold Reddit
Congratulations on that achievement 🥳
Dennis Zax
Congrats, how many users where you able to get from the launch? I am an interesting situation, I have a potential client with whom we would be able to get a contract for ~$1k. The issue is he wants a custom solution that is outside of the scope of the CV platform we are making. So do you think it's worth it going out of the way to make a custom solution, delaying release of the platform, but getting at least a paying custom from the ordeal so it looks better for pitches?