Am I the only one who is tired of AI products?

Dávid Sipos
14 replies
In the last couple of months, I saw soo many AI products, most of them using GPT3 with some hidden prompt. Is it a real value to sell these products?

Replies

Kelly
I’m in favor of Ai powered products/services that are ACTUALLY innovative. I’m currently thinking about launching an Ai powered product/service myself, but we shall see - I’m still doing market research.
Dániel Kővári
Feel the same way... its become fashionable to launch quasi-useful 'AI' products with added basic functions / frontend
Richard Gao
@daniel_kovari Yep, though I see the frontend only apps starting to fade now. Mostly, it seems to be porting GPT-3 to areas where it can be useful now. Discord bots, Slack bots, chrome extensions, excel sheets, etc. We're in the second wave it seems lol.
Richard Gao
I would say they all provide some value because they make GPT-3 easier to use since its UI isn't that good. However, I definitely the AI writing app space or GPT-3 wrapper space getting oversaturated in the future, though it's happening slower than I thought. But I think AI apps in general are just getting started. This isn't like web3 or NFTs, where you have to be creative to find a use case. The use case is immediate and easy to figure out. Though I think the main winners are going to be the people "selling the shovels" so to speak, and making resources for those making AI apps. That's actually what I'm doing with evoke-app.com with our AI APIs.
phprunner
Yes, there are too many of them and most do the same thing over and over. However, it is for the customer to decide if the service provides enough value to pay for it. Surprisingly, I found a few good use cases of how ChatGPT can help our customers (PHPRunner - low-code software builder) - fixing/modifying SQL queries - writing simple regular expressions - fixing the code in events they adding I would say it all depends on how you use AI, it is just an instrument after all.
Toh Xue Zun
I feel alot of products are trying out to see if AI is able to enhance their product. I think these are all mini steps towards creating bigger value for their products.
Patrick Adele
haha you are not alone, too much AI products/bots theseday
Taha Zemmouri
Most importantly, the hype around ChatGPT should not overshadow the multitude of other AI services that exist that can process data better or simply be cheaper. At Eden AI, we aggregate in a single API the best in off-the-shelf AI APIs and we talked about it in this article: https://www.edenai.co/post/opena...
Eddie Forson
At the end of the day, if the AI helps deliver a better experience and outcome for the users, then it is worth it. We're entering an age where AI is just an API call away for most applications, so I expect more and more products to be infused with AI. For some of them, it will make a massive difference, and for others it will just be a gimmick. Time will tell. One thing I am sure of is that we are not going to turn our backs on AI.
Saasy Reviewer
It's good if you know how to exactly take advantage of it.
Benjamin Robert
but AI helps my work faster and smarter
Nick Mazikov
Why are you tired of it? Because these products make some work much easier
Join Smith
True - a silver bullet for every problem on the planet