Am I the only one feeling that all social media platforms are becoming the same?

Max Kotin
11 replies
- Twitter has long posts, like LinkedIn - WhatsApp has Channels like Telegram - Telegram has stories, like Instagram - Reels, videos are all over the place... etc. Where is it going? Do we really need a bunch of platforms with the same functionality and the same audience? What's the point?

Replies

Mahsan Sharifian
In every period, a type of thinking becomes popular and unconsciously everyone moves towards it.
Neel Patel
They are not. They will try to be. But they won’t be able to.
Paul Mit
It's a good idea, but I still think there is a very strong diversification among them. Functions may be similar (messages, likes, stories, channels), but core meanings is completely different: geo, audience, usage, professional / personal, themes, etc.
Max Kotin
@mituhin I'd say it used to be strong but it's getting weaker and weaker :) and the more they just copy each other, the weaker it will become
Ivan Dudin
Everyone peeks at each other and becomes like each other =)
Neha Khan
Worst happening is with Whatsapp! I mean this was the only platform where we were just to be with people we are talking to now there's channels roam around here or there
Max Kotin
@neha_khan78 yep, they are copying Telegram apparently :) so messengers are becoming social networks and social networks has already become messengers
Neha Khan
@max_kotin I think they have made their concept as copying to expects and getting their audience to them