AI Showdown: Gemini vs. ChatGPT vs. Claude - Who wins for what?

Rohan Chaubey
51 replies
Hey Product Hunters and Makers, All AIs seem super powerful, but I'm curious – what's their speciality? In the comments section, define your use case and the AI that you use to solve the use case. For example, for copywriting, I prefer Gemini or Claude, not ChatGPT. Let the AI battle commence! P.S. I hunted Chaturji today! Chaturji allows you to access all AIs (OpenAI, Claude, Gemini, etc.) for free on one single platform. Check it out here: https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Imran Razak
OpenAI wins the best Model. I think Claude comes in second and Gemini last.
Munira Masalawala
You are so right @rohanrecommends. Each AI model has its own strengths and weaknesses, and the best choice for a particular task depends on the specific requirements. For instance, if you're looking for an AI assistant that excels in creative writing and language generation, Gemini and Claude might be suitable options. They're known for their ability to generate coherent and engaging text, making them well-suited for tasks like story writing, poetry composition, or marketing content creation. On the other hand, if your focus is on factual accuracy and comprehensive knowledge, ChatGPT might be a better choice. It has been trained on a massive dataset of text and code, giving it a broad understanding of the world. This makes it well-equipped for tasks like answering factual questions, providing summaries, or generating code. And Claude -3 claims is superiority with a combination of both! This was one big reason in bringing them under one platform - Chaturji https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Rohan Chaubey
@munira_masalawala1 Indeed. Chaturji makes it easy by combining all AIs into one single platform. Many congrats on the launch :)
Rahul Chavan
Right Gemini and Claude are good for copywriting than ChatGPT
Anand Shah
@rohanrecommends Claude-3-Sonnet has been particularly impressive for copywriting but also for analytical tasks. It strikes the right balance of being at par with GPT-4 but much more cost-effective. With each AI improving exponentially with every release, its a matter of time before one of the others leap-frogs this. Part of the reason we thought of Chaturji as a single place to access all AIs is that you get the best AIs from one place. Chaturji keeps your conversations and prompts neatly organized while you can work with the new AIs as and when they are available. Thanks for hunting this for us.
Rohan Chaubey
@anand_shah11 Thanks so much for your insights Anand! Admire your vision and leadership. It's a pleasure to hunt Chaturji today! :)
Bob WIlsey
chatgpt at any point
Lucas Bransbury
Gpt 4 of course, but it depends on what you are using the language model for. For average daily use, general, definitely ChatGPT. However, I do agree that Gemini is better for SEO content.
Gurkaran Singh
Hey there! As a tech enthusiast who loves tinkering with code and circuits, I've ventured into various sectors like edtech, supply chain, and more. Currently diving deep into data science and embedded programming. Excited to see the AI showdown between Gemini, ChatGPT, and Claude. Let the battle of the AIs begin!
Hossein Yazdi
As far as my experience; Gemini looks stupid in new content extraction and detail providing, however, it's amazing in providing email templates, correcting sentences and stuff like that. On the other hand, ChatGPT behaves exactly the opposite, it's amazing in providing descriptions and details of new data, though I couldn't rely on it much for general writing assistance. Either way, these are just my experiences, perhaps someone who knows better prompting could utilize each better! Btw, already upvoted Chaturji! All the best! :)
Joep van den Bogaert
I think this is often task-specific and it's hard to draw general conclusions. For example, for some tasks I get more reliable results with GPT-3.5 than with GPT-4, while 4 is obviously considered superior in every regard. If you're building a product around these models and you want to optimize, you should always evaluate and compare different prompts and models.
Shawn Olds
We all lose if you pick just one. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. For example my daughter would prefer to have ChatGPT help explain how to solve a math problem using the Singapore Math Methodology. However, she thinks it is horrible at writing bedtime stories and would prefer to have Claude write her bed time stores as it tends to be more creative and only got better with Opus3. So she uses BoodleBox so she has one place to talk to them all and have them work for her on the things she needs. Another way to look at it, if you hired 3 high powered employees would you keep in in 3 separate offices and only allow them to communicate through you? NO! You would put them in a conference room and unleash their combined power. I constantly have ChatGPT review and draft and then ask Claude to jump in to see if it has anything else to add. We all win when we use them together!
Munira Masalawala
@shawn_olds1 : This is exactly why we thought of bringing the leading LLMs and also adding collaboration with your team with Chaturji . Do check it out and let us know what are some other pain points you have faced while adopting AI within your team