AI Product Explosion on Product Hunt is really distracting!

Mark Lamb
7 replies
Is anybody else struggling to find new products on product hunt right now with the distraction of AI and chatgpt products? Its a challenge to find products that are not in this space. I imagine if you are a product launching here thats not in this category then your getting lost in the noise. Is product hunt able to do anything to help tone this down? Thoughts anybody?

Replies

Yassin Bouacherine
This a very interesting post. Product Hunt will probably need to re-organize itself when it comes to the launched product page. I think it should cover categories based on the industry the product is made for. Let those Product Makers have their own Product of the Day, so they don't compete for something totally different. More importantly, it would be a great feature for Product Makers to get access to the community's main interest. For example, if I could have access to how many people have a particular interest in a SaaS-based farming tool, that would be great. At least I know if there is an audience in this field. In my case, I don't think Product Hunt has any sort of value, I don't plan to launch my product here. Although, the website gives some gems in terms of advice or insight from other Product makers.
Chris Sarca
I agree, at first, it was ok, then it got boring really fast and now is just annoying. A few months before this it was the NFT craze, and all the Web3 useless things and scams. Everyone should have a chance to get their product listed here, but I sometimes think that PH should have some standards in place or better listing features to filter out the low-effort "slap a UI on it and call it a new product".
KRISH GOHIL
Honestly I want to see something different but here either they are making something with Chatgpt or Notion or Web3 , nothing new 😶
It’s been interesting to see how people have been really trying to shove in AI to the most random of things!
Mark Lamb
@maxwellcdavis haha yea well said. theres been some real belters. im waiting for the first product created by chatgpt to come onstream 🙈