AI is everywhere, but where is value?

Salman Ahmed
22 replies
I see AI startups everywhere but very less likely they have value for the actual user. Text/Image generation is not the use case. For each domain, AI has to be specific to the use case. What do you think?

Replies

Guillaume SĂĄ
I think the real value will materialize once the most promising use cases have been identified among the numerous products currently in development!
Salman Ahmed
@iamgdsa You have the point we are not even sure what we can and what we should do with the AI we have in our hands. we are just trying to integrate AI in everything.
Ceyda GĂŒzelsevdi
Hey Salman, thank you. I understand where you are coming from. Can you tell me more about your perspective?
Salman Ahmed
@ceyguz Hi Ceyda, I mean AI is really good at writing an email for firing someone from the company. But does not add experiences both person and company share. AI cannot write about actually what was the issue that person is fired (this is just an example). So AI in general is good. But it is not great in specific cases. We are creating products on general AI which many times does not provide value to business/use case
Ceyda GĂŒzelsevdi
@_salman thank you. But how can AI know our memories? That is a human component, human part of the collaboration between AI and people. Isn't it? If it has the information, and we are the ones to give AI the information, it technically can. But does it degrade its value? We all have different experiences and therefore we will always have different use cases. How can we train AIs on a case that has never happened before?
Yavuz Tunc Emran
USP has to be unique because of the AI, otherwise it’s just a cool decor
Salman Ahmed
@tunc_emran yeah mostly people are focusing on this decor. You will look cool if your tagline has AI in it
Naresh Meetei
When you solve big problems like climate change. Not attacking writers and artists.
Salman Ahmed
@nareshmeetei AI is helping in climate change by running different experiments but yes they are really rare. Mostly people are focusing on generative AI ( pretty hot these days)
Christine R. Bowman
I agree with your observation that AI is becoming increasingly prevalent in various industries and domains. However, the value of AI depends on its ability to solve specific problems and provide tangible benefits to users. Text and image generation are just one aspect of AI, and while they can be useful in certain contexts, they may not necessarily provide value in all use cases. To derive value from AI, it is important to identify specific use cases and problems that can be addressed through AI-powered solutions. This requires a deep understanding of the domain and the specific challenges that users face. AI can be applied in a variety of ways, such as predictive analytics, natural language processing, computer vision, and more. By leveraging these capabilities, AI can help solve complex problems and provide valuable insights to users.
Kathan Desai
Hey Salman, every industry has different use case for AI and the real value lies in its ability to solve complex problems, automate repetitive tasks, and provide insights that can improve decision-making processes
Salman Ahmed
@kathan_desai1 yes but unfortunately most of the startups are trying to integrate text generation AI to solve almost all kind of problems.
Hafiz Zainudin
Text or image generation is just an output from AI. That itself does not really bring much value to users. If you just selling a simple generative AI, it is a wrapper of API into your brand. Real value lays on which problem-solution you trying to solve.
Salman Ahmed
@techconsulnerd exactly that's my point. But for that every technical person has to see how these APIs can actually solve any problem around us. we should be our first customer of that AI.
Vlad Zivkovic
Good post, every day hundreds of new Ai projects but there is no much value.
Marlene Koh
Risk Management Virtual Assistants in investing .
Shekhar Iyer
im still making a living coding #C, forget AI im yet to even create a web app, but then its not about technology, technology can maybe solve problem faster but it is still about "workflow", can it take a customer from "A to B" in a sequence of steps and solve a part of the problem or goal he is trying to achieve
I think that there should be a balance between AI use and personal experiance. it should be used as an aiding tool rather then a replacement for your own words.