AI coding: Friend or foe? The future of coding?

Leon Konrady
8 replies

Replies

Sohail Pathan
Buddy for me, for sure. I've seen my speed of development has increased rapidly. Imagine having an assistant who just follows what you want and gives you the exact code. -- technically, you're not investing a lot of time in coding that part, which AI is providing you.
Tyrone Robb
For some languages, it is better than others. My technical co-founder uses it as a junior coder, but sometimes it's very poor. He says it has helped him as a sounding board more than anything, it's a bit quicker than searching the web. I used it to make a basic WordPress plugin, its not released but it works for me.
AI coding is definitely a friend, acting as a powerful assistant that can boost productivity and handle mundane tasks, allowing developers to focus on creative and complex problem-solving. It's shaping up to be an integral part of the future of coding, potentially democratizing development by making it more accessible to people with different skill levels.
M Vik
for me it is super buddy. very helpful and increased my productivity by 3x and ofcourse saving alot of time
Jamie L
AI coding is a powerful ally, augmenting human capabilities and allowing developers to focus on creative problem-solving rather than repetitive tasks. It's shaping up to be an essential tool in the future coder's toolkit, streamlining the development process and potentially democratizing coding skills.
Swayam
Definitely a friend, increased my productivity by 4x
Coro
It can help. But don't expect it to write a fully functional program. The situations it can help are writing documentation, test cases, generating mock data or powerful search functionality.
Tammy Martin
AI coding can be seen as both a friend and a potential foe, depending on various perspectives and contexts. On one hand, AI-driven coding tools can significantly enhance productivity, automate repetitive tasks, and assist developers in writing more efficient and error-free code. This can ultimately lead to faster development cycles and innovation. However, there are concerns about the potential displacement of human developers, ethical implications surrounding the use of AI in coding, and the risk of perpetuating biases present in training data. The future of coding will likely involve a symbiotic relationship between human developers and AI, where each leverages the strengths of the other to drive progress while addressing challenges responsibly and ethically.