After your PH launch, is there anything you wish you had done differently?

Anastasija Plotnikova
11 replies

Replies

Ariq
Thank you for the valuable insights, everyone!
Mubeen Masudi
A few things actually - I launched my product just two days ago. It was the first ever product we launched. We got the second highest votes, and were number 1/2 for most of the day but eventually were not in the top 5 products! Here is what I learnt the hard way - Focus on support from active profiles. Most of our votes came from our supporters who were not on PH previously and signed up to upvote. I think their votes don't matter as much as the ones who are active - Of the group you are sure that will support you but is not on PH ask them to sign up on PH before hand (a few weeks ago) so that their votes become more relevant - Would have focused more on getting more comments/activity on the launch post - As people to upvote from the home page instead of directly landing on the link and upvoting - Try to get some reviews/support/comments from individuals who are very popular on PH Things we did well - have the larger picture in mind. Its not just about getting upvotes or product of the day. Make sure you have a flow for people who actually like your product. A nice website, onboarding flow and a mechanism to reach out to them for feedback for overall improvement of the product or actual business.
Anastasija Plotnikova
@mubeen This is great advice! Thank you for your input!
Mubeen Masudi
@eimante_rimasauskaite its called Lens - you can check that on my profile.
Andra Catanas
Great discussion! Would love to hear more!
Gevorg Hayrapetian
A wonderful question. After our launch, we got into a few issues, like having the name of the product which had a few additional words, removed by Product Hunt. We were not aware / could find the exact policy of some specific requirements. But, oh well, we learn from mistakes. Think about the next launches we will be sure to follow the rules. It is also important not to ask people to go and upvote and support your launch. You must ask people to check it out, and let them make their decision to support or not support your launch. The purpose of the platform for us has been to gain deeper insight into what the actual users want to see in it. Having that in mind, it is good to have some time reserved to make necessary improvements and adjustments before rolling out the product globally! Good question, Ana!
SoleCreator
I spoke to quite a few entrepreneurs & they've mentioned that they wished they had drummed up more excitement before launching their products. Having all the product details listed on Product Hunt is a good idea. It's also helpful to connect with influencers and media to get more eyes on the product. Also, be ready for a lot of website traffic and make sure your website can handle it. By doing these things, you'll be set for a successful launch. Good luck, Ana!
Eimantė Rimašauskaitė
From what I've been researching so far, I came into conclusion that the most important things are: 1. Start promoting your launch at least a few weeks prior to the actual launch date. 2. Build a targeted audience and engage with them before the launch to generate excitement and interest. 3. Clearly define the unique value proposition of your product and highlight it in your launch. 4. Make sure your launch page is visually appealing and contains all the important information about your product.