Adobe is acquiring Figma for 20B$

Abir Ershad
5 replies
What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I'm disappointed. Figma has been the biggest opposition to Creative Cloud & It's horrible pricing schemes. To think that might go away is a major let down. (Excerpt from Adobe Press Release) Under the definitive agreement, Adobe has agreed to acquire Figma for approximately $20 billion, comprised of approximately half cash and half stock, subject to customary adjustments. Approximately 6 million additional restricted stock units will be granted to Figma’s CEO and employees that will vest over four years subsequent to closing. Adobe expects the cash consideration to be financed through cash on hand and, if necessary, a term loan. The transaction is expected to close in 2023, subject to the receipt of required regulatory clearances and approvals and the satisfaction of other closing conditions, including the approval of Figma’s stockholders. Upon the closing of the transaction, Dylan Field, Figma’s co-founder and CEO, will continue to lead the Figma team, reporting to David Wadhwani, president of Adobe’s Digital Media business. Until the transaction closes, each company will continue to operate independently.

Replies

Alexander Sienkiewicz
This is incredible. I hope they don't kill Adobe XD. I'm curious what Adobe will do with XD now that they have acquired FIGMA
Rich Watson
the huge price tag on the deal clearly indicates a defensive acquisition. figma knew they could get more than what the product is worth selling to adobe
Paxshal
Just a way to kill competition...I'm disappointed too.
Julia Prus
What do you fear after acquisition? Are you looking for alternatives?