Accessing Threads from Europe?

Santeri Toivanen
12 replies
I'm a European user who's been trying to gain access to Threads, but it seems that they currently don't allow Europeans to create and manage an account. Are there any workarounds, proxies, or alternative methods you have used to get on board?

Replies

Sandro Fiorio Jr
I'm lucky to have two nationalities, one Brazilian and one Italian. Basically I downloaded the application through the Brazilian Play Store (with my Brazilian account) and I use Threads in Europe. However, Threads has not been released on any European app store (App Store and Google Play Store) as it does not comply with all European regulatory requirements regarding data privacy. And there isn't even a deadline for that, according to Meta itself. Perhaps, using a VPN and accessing the application via the web would be a good alternative.
Santeri Toivanen
@sandrofioriojr Yep, it seems that for Apple users, utilizing a VPN to appear as if you are outside the EU is a potential solution. It also appears that creating a new Apple ID for the US App Store might be necessary. This could complicate the process, however.
Nick Anisimov
When it is available, I think it will not be very relevant.
Dorylincall
Accessing threads from Europe, huh? It can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, especially with all those regional restrictions and whatnot. One trick that often does the job is using a mobile proxy https://proxidize.com/proxy-serv.... It's like sneaking into a party through the back door, you know? Just find a good one that works for you, fire it up, and boom, you're browsing like you're on the other side of the globe. It's not foolproof, but it can help shake off those pesky geo-blocks. Plus, it's fun feeling like a digital ninja dodging the internet cops.