About to launch my first indie product, which mistakes should I avoid?

Sia
5 replies
GitCred is a tool that analyses open-source software contributions and lists great developers within a niche or discipline. For example Frontend, Backend, or Node or AWS. I built the product as I felt sorry for many people I hired who had to go through repetitive code tests that don't actually say much, while ideally, they would have "GitCV" built and verified by the code and quality they pushed over many years. Anyhow, how do I make this a successful release? PS. Yes, we also use ChatGPT to review and suggest improvements to people's code, if they'd like to use that kind of feature. Just BYO-accesskey.

Replies

Have an intuitive UI to ensure a great user experience. Do proper research.
Amir Zarandi
Lack of market research Insufficient testing Inadequate marketing strategy Lack of user feedback and iteration Neglecting customer support Ignoring analytics and data
Austin Nguyen | Afforai
From my perspective: Assuming your users will be an expert at your product Not testing on all major devices and platforms Not focusing on value proposition on the landing page Launch a big marketing campaign when the landing page conversion isn't high Assume most user want to pay right away Not stress testing your platform As you can tell, most of it are mistakes that I made
Sia
This is really next level, thank you for this. Definitely the first and second resonates with me a lot as I am putting making the final touches on the landing page. Thank you again @hungnguyenkhac7