How can I promote my upcoming product page?

Andreea Bunica
7 replies
I've just launched an upcoming page for my startup. Any advice on how to promote it? Last time I tried I got a total of 2 followers, one of which was me. Welp.

Replies

Maryna Burushkina
Hi @andreea_bunica Few things you could do right away: - upload your subscriber list into ProductHunt, so it will show that you have more followers and add more credibility to your PH listing project - share your coming soon page on relevant social channels, groups & forums (asking for feedback instead of sign ups usually works better)
Andreea Bunica
@marynasife thanks! i still have a pretty small subscriber base, but I'll upload the 10 people I have haha
Maryna Burushkina
@andreea_bunica You can also consider content marketing to get more subscribers until your product goes live. It worked well for us, and we had 1k+ organic subscribers when we launched.
Andreea Bunica
@marynasife what sort of marketing? I am also trying to build a community around making remote interactions human, but I seem so unskilled at this entire thing- I'm either building a horrible product or I have no idea how to do this right.
Maryna Burushkina
@andreea_bunica I meant content, such as blog posts. You can do that even on substack.com. You can write about the topics you're knowledgeable about, related somehow to the product you're building. Invite people to sign up to your newsletter - that way you can build an email list for your launch too, in almost a free way.
Andreea Bunica
@marynasife ah coolio! i'll try substack too! i've been shyly writing blogs on mean-bean's website, but given we don't have a follower base, it didn't go.... great. so i'll try on an already established platform.