7 simple tips for a better UI/UX for your products

Rohan Singhvi
8 replies
Hey everyone, Rohan here, Co-Founder of Dualite. Here are 7 simple tips for Figma designers to use in their everyday workflow 1. Inject life into your copy Whether it’s an onboarding screen or a loading message, users find delight in the small details. 2. Grey text on coloured backgrounds Each of us has experience using web applications and visiting websites in open areas, under direct sunlight. Think twice before choosing a solid background for a gray font. 3. “Speed. I am speed” - Quick time-to-value As a user, speed and efficiency are of paramount importance when interacting with a product. I’m using an application to solve a specific job to be done. If the experience of digitally depositing a check into my banking app is enjoyable, then that’s great, but don’t let your creativity get in the way of my objective as a user. 4. Make it easy as pie to cancel If I’ve subscribed to your product, make it dead simple to eliminate it. I shouldn’t be required to call a support line, send an email, read your FAQ, or chat with an agent. 5. Empty States You can use empty states to provide advice, guidance, an overview of possible actions, or simply replace the empty state with a screen allowing users to input the missing information. 6. Don't do sign up all the time People often abandon apps when they’re forced to sign in before doing anything useful. Give them a chance to fall in love with your app before making a commitment to it. 7. Don't let the user get lost in the product Let the user explore without getting lost or getting into trouble. When someone feels like they can explore an interface and not suffer dire consequences, they’re likely to learn more — and feel more positive about it.

Replies

Gaurav Parvadiya
To the point. Well written
Great great points. Thanks for sharing. I would also follow up with continue to collect feedback.
Sabaat Parasad
Hello Rohan, Thank you for sharing these insightful tips for Figma designers. It's evident that user experience is at the forefront of your design philosophy.
Maxim Melnik
I 💯% agree! Especially number 4. There was so many instances where I have used products that make it a puzzle to cancel.
Olivia Smith
Love the simplicity of your tips. Thanks!
Daniel Burns
Great points, thanks for sharing