Why Almost Every Blog Start with Top Header Image

Dinesh Thakur
4 replies
I checked almost all blogs start with an image and then the content part start. Is there any trend or data is there which tell blog posts having top image below/above headline work well and vice vera. Please feel to share what blogs design UI/UX you like most Cheer!

Replies

A restless entrepreneur | Storyteller
Didn't notice it, but it may a technique to grab the attention.
@deepak_positive yes, it can be. But how effective it is, it's bit hard to find. My thinking is headline play more effective role than image here
We make music social
UI/UX design is a vast subject...I think you'll be able to find lots of articles on the pro's and cons of hero images (I found this one: https://www.push10.com/everybody...) but at a simple level I suppose they are a way to draw people (along with a headline) into the main subject of your page...to get someone to click through and read more....plus, they look nice :-D ha!
@onmydeckmusic Thank you for sharing the post. I read a lot about in last couple of day and right answer I get is if image has relevance to post you can use the header image. If not, there is no need, a good headline matter a lot than a hero image.