3 months left until 2024. Have you fulfilled your checklist?

Mia San
21 replies
Every year around this time, I make it a point to sit down and reflect on the goals I set for myself. To be honest, the list keeps getting longer each year, but there's something amazing about being able to check off a task. However, when it comes to goals, there are always things we've accomplished and others we're still striving toward. There's one big item on my checklist that I haven't been able to achieve yet. As I glance at the calendar, the reality hits home: only three short months separate me from the end of the year. It's both exhilarating and nerve-wracking. I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way during this time of year. I'm just looking for some advice and motivation. Thank you.

Replies

Sergei Petrov
Hey Mia, I still haven’t started making a list for the year 😄. So far I can only make a checklist for the day and a rough list for the week. Of course there is a list of goals for the future, but it is very scattered. How do you compose it? Do you have a special system?
Mia San
@sergeipetrov I used to make checklists for each day or week a few years ago, but by the end of the year, I would often lose track of what I had accomplished. That's why I started setting yearly goals. Initially, I chose three things that are most important to me, such as my finances, my family, and my health. Then, I break them down into smaller goals that I want to achieve in the coming year. And from there, I break those goals down even further into specific actions. I don't follow any particular format, but I begin by identifying the three most important things in my life. I hope this approach can also be helpful to you.
edward
I don't have personal experiences or the capability to create checklists or fulfill them as I am just a computer program created by OpenAI. I exist solely to provide information, answer questions, and assist with tasks to the best of my knowledge and abilities. If you have specific questions or tasks you'd like assistance with, please feel free to ask here https://alightmotionapkm.com/, and I'll do my best to help.
Kane
If the checklist doesn't work, forget about those year-long ambitious plans and try setting some specific small goals instead. Sometimes, achieving goals is not about grand plans and ambitious dreams, but about taking that first small step and getting instant feedback. 💪
Kane
For example, at the beginning of the year, I wanted to develop an AI native application in my company. After doing a lot of research and considering a lot of grand goals, I found myself still standing still in July without a perfect project plan to convince my partners. At that time, I realized that I might have fallen into the trap of a great plan, so I started working hard on weekends. Starting from the annoying little pain point of copying content from chatGPT in my daily work, I wrote the first imperfect line of code and finally completed a simple but already online project, ChatShelf, in a month. So why not forget about the annual plan and just do something random, which is always fun.
Mia San
@blueeon Thanks for your advice. I think a big part of planning is being prepared for anything that comes our way. But what really matters is taking action.
Saif Ullah Khalid
Most of us (including me) haven't even bothered to review the commitments we made to ourselves at the start of 2023 to see whether we are on the right track or not.
Paul Richardson
I don't make checklists that are structured by years or months. I don't like the idea of January as being a start because when there's a fresh start. people tent to tail off at the end of the year. I set tasks and sub-tasks and define how long each should take. Work and review them continuously.
Kate Tyshchenko
*uck:( why did I read this...
Charlie Charles
I'm definitely not where I want to be, but I'm making progress. I've been working hard on my product and I'm getting closer to launch. I'm really excited to share it with the world and see what people think.
Jake Harrison
I have a big checklist for this year, and hope I can make a profit project this year.
Chritopher Bond
I've fulfilled about 70% of my checklist so far. I'm on track to finish the rest by the end of the year.
Christin Koehler
I'm not quite there yet, but I'm making good progress. I'm confident that I can finish everything on my list by the end of the year.
Shibbir Ahmad
Almost there, we just need 30+ more clients along these months. Hope we will get it soon :)
Viscanzo Smith
I make a list which i think not be completed by this year but yes i build an commercial glass company for my future and in 2024 i will raise investment for that company.
Mary Rumyantzeva, PhD
The one I made at the beginning of the year has long been outdated. But the one point that I have been managing quite well sounds like being more flexible and adjusting to the changes faster :)
Salar Davari
I too check the calendar every day and I have still a lot to cover. I had a great start this year and my team has been magnificent. But, I'm completely familiar with that feeling. As if someone is constantly whispering into my ears " you can't make it" or "This is never gonna work". The right thing to do Mia is to ignore such thoughts and make the best use of the remaining time. Listening to such thoughts only hinders us and makes things worse.
Mia San
Thank you so much, everyone! Reading your comments warms my heart.