I created my upcoming page - what's next ?

Johan Bavaud
8 replies
It would be great if you could share with us your best practices about Ship. Thank you !

Replies

Johan Bavaud
Here is my first upcoming page : https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
3 Answers
Hanna Barzakouskaya
Congrats! Collecting subscribers is the next step.
Johan Bavaud
@anna_panchenko Thanks ! What did you use to do it so ? I saw this package from PH or the invitation of your e-mail list, but is there other ways to collect efficiently new subscribers (hidden sub-reddit, press or whatever).
Hanna Barzakouskaya
@johan_bavaud I didn't try press, but I shared via LinkedIn and facebook. I also don't see any value to add subscribers from our site, for example. My thought is that just showing a big subscriber's number won't bring value. Maybe I'm wrong. But people from all other real world don't use producthunt, and they won't read updates from it. They're ready to get updates directly from our site (that is why they subscribed, right?). I tried "Promote on Product Hunt" option it shows your upcoming project in Upcoming page, it gave us several subscriptions.That's all.
Johan Bavaud
@anna_panchenko Thank you so much ! It was exactly the feedback I wanted to read. 🙌🏻 That was counter intuitive for me to add subscribers from our site - first because as you said, you can reach them through your own updates and secondely, in our special case, most of our users are 55 years old +. Even if it could be funny to see interactions between generations, it wouldn't happen any soon on PH, imo. Sorry to bother you about my questions, but I have a last one : Are you satisfied with "Promote on PH" ? You could answer me in MP - just would like to know if ROI is enough to take this option.
Mike Fedorov
@anna_panchenko @johan_bavaud I'm also interested in your opinion about the "Promote on PH", 'cause thinking of a paid subscription right now. Your experience could be very helpful!