Your most effective growth hacking strategy that worked? πŸ€”

Max
1 reply
Short example: when I worked on my last startup 5 years ago (SaaS for bloggers and small businesses who have a page on the social network VK), we didn’t have any money for marketing, but we needed to attract users. I analyzed some social media networks and found a pattern for the most popular posts in our field, posts that had the most likes, comments and shares. I wrote a similar post: it was a selection of β€œTop 30+ most useful services for social media...”, and put our service as #2 on that list. But the article had to be widely spread, so we sent it to all the all pages and groups that offered free placement. It was valuable content that could gain a lot of reactions from subscribers, so there was no reason not to post it. But we faced an unexpected obstacle: you could only send 100 messages per day as a user of VK.com πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ. It was too slow for us. Instead, we bought 20 SIM cards and registered 20 new profiles. Then we wrote a simple script that automatically sent our post to all thematically relevant pages and groups. We ran the script and went to bed. The next day our post was posted by several large communities (because the article raised engagement) and we received about 3,000+ registrations in the first 2 weeks. Over 3 months our post has been shared more than 30,000 times. So, it was a little hack that worked for us with no costs πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ p.s. yes, I know, this very old hack.. πŸ™„

Replies

Paroma Indilo
We are only at the beginning of our startup journey. We have been using twitter, facebook and linked in and wrote couple of article on Medium. So far the biggest influx of users came from producthunt, betalist and subsequent viral posts around the world. We dont ahve the growth that we want, yet, but every step is taking us in the right direction