Would you consider outsourcing your customer support/service ?

Preston Long
6 replies

Replies

Abadesi
I guess it depends on the kind of company I was running but probably not, I would want the team dealing with customers to sit in house and be as close to others as possible. Product, relationship management and strategy functions, etc.
Mike Fedorov
Sounds too risky to me. Sorry, but no
Stephane Ibos
Definitely yes providing product is mature enough, and there is a solid framework around the outsourcing (e.g. outsource level 0, keep levels 1 and 2 in-house, have a script ran and tested for Level 0 staff, conduct masked testing, run trainings at least twice a year, run satisfaction surveys with customers, have crystal-clear conditions for elevations to L1 and L2 and last but not least very clear KPIs - waiting time, average call duration etc.). Under these conditions, it is perfectly doable to outsource. We have done it on our previous startup and it worked a charm. Like anything else, to get it right there is a fair bit of involvement and hard work from the outset with constant evaluation. But done right, there can be significant benefits (24/7 availability, multiple languages, lower cost).
Emily Harris
I guess yes. One of the biggest reasons businesses outsource is to save time and resources.
Purple Ocean
I think it is a great idea, my vote is "YES". Outsourcing customer support can be a great option for companies looking to reduce costs and improve efficiency. However, it's important to consider the potential downsides. Instead, businesses may want to focus on improving their in-house support capabilities by investing in platforms such as https://www.pissedconsumer.com/f... that offer a range of tools and features to enhance the customer experience.
Nick Bess
Yes because customer service outsourcing has many benefits for a business.