15 one-sentence tips to grow your Twitter audience faster πŸš€

Sveta Bay
79 replies
Hey Product Hunters πŸ‘‹ We all know that building audience and community is a superpower. Building a personal brand also pays off: more people support you during the launch, you can easily find beta testers, and validate new ideas. I went from 0 to 4300 followers on Twitter in 4 months. Here're 15 one-sentence tips: πŸ₯š 0-100 followers 1. Use DM to find like-minded people. 2. Treat your Twitter account like a product: set up a value proposition, tone of voice, and "competitor analysis." 3. Set daily targets on posts and replies (ex. 3 posts, 30 replies). 🐣 100-1000 followers 4. Make weekly content planning. 5. Experiment a lot. 6. Get inspired by new Tweet formats from influencers. 7. Re-use content: 1 thread can be divided into 10 1-liners. 8. Don't be disappointed with low engagement, it happens even with big accounts. 9. Engage with big accounts right after they post smth (Notify button will help πŸ””) πŸ₯ 1000+ followers 10. If you want a loyal and active audience, respond to comments (not only with GIFs haha). 11. Be a human, with all this AI flex, people want more life content. 12. Don't post just theory, post your experience and examples. #buildinpublic 13. Analyze what content works better for you and double down on it. 14. Try to go viral: analyze viral content examples and implement them. 15. Experiment with your bio because the conversion from visitor to follower highly depends on it. Try to implement at least 1 advice today and see how it's going πŸ‘€ Do you have any tips to add? πŸ€” ________________ If you want to learn more, here's the article about growing from 0 to 1000 in 50 days based on my experience https://blog.makerbox.club/1000-...

Replies

Alessandra Mikail
We're in the process of building ours, our main takeaway is to have fun with it and create engaging content! Check us out here https://twitter.com/RECRDAPP
Dan Kulkov
My best tip β€” don't take audience building too seriously. it should be fun and satisfying not routine and irritating
Sveta Bay
@kronop nice tip! The question is - was it fun for you in the beginning? (while small audience & low impressions)?
Sanat Mohanty
@kronop @basv would love to hear your audience build process ? :)
Swapnil D Puranik
It's great to see how you and Dan repurpose the content across multiple channels and use the power of two to win!
Sveta Bay
@swapdp_01 Thank you, Swapnil! I believe that creating great content and focus on distribution is much better than creating so-so content, but unique for each platform πŸ€”
Rachit Nigam
Thanks for sharing these valuable tips will definitely try to implement them. I too started my journey on Twitter sometime back but always struggled with content, seems like can't think of what to write. Over a period of time, this broke my plans and discipline.
Sveta Bay
@rachit_nigam try to make a content matrix, it'll become easier and then transform into a habit. Good luck!
Maria Hayat
Great tips @basv. I wonder if the same applies to growing a company twitter account... My experience so far's showing that it's more difficult to build followers and engagement there compared to a personal account. Thoughts?
Sveta Bay
@maria_hayat The most of points are applicable. But your target must be to grow a community around corporate Twitter account. It's not that easy, but it can be done! Here's a great example 😊 https://twitter.com/AaplyHQ
Zeng
Thanks Sveta. Great and honest tips! May I add - 'Do not write 10 websites that are illegal to know' kind of thread?πŸ˜‚
Parva Chhantyal
Hi Sveta, I messaged you on Twitter. Waiting for your reply...... :)
Dmitrii Pashutskii
Nice guide Sveta, thanks for sharing! I also recommend checking https://app.hypefury.com/. Amazing app for twitter content planning. The main question: do you see the conversion of Twitter followers to customers? Many people said it's not always working.
Sveta Bay
@guar47 Yeah, I'm planning to try more Twitter tools. Thanks for sharing 😊 Yeah, Twitter works great. It's our Top-2 source of traffic.
Murali Gottumukkala
We are still in the process of figuring out, we will explore these tips
Sanat Mohanty
@basv This is super useful. Was exactly looking for something like this: https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Sanat Mohanty
@basv totally ! I will look up your past posts, as well. It would also be great if can you share some more of your past posts?tweets (if there are any) on - Twitter audience growth & community building? Just discovered makerbox.club ! What you and @kronop are building is simply amazing - many platforms solve for product build, only a few solve for distribution. More power to you πŸ’ͺ
Rich Watson
great share!
Edun Kerry
Strive for clarity and consistency in every facet -in your identity -in your message -in your visuals -in the way you tell your stories -in the way you relate with your audience People might not have time to visit your landing page or web They are making decisions on the go.
Aditya Rajput
Great list @basv I already follow a few for one of my clients. Nice to have a few more ideas for upping my Twitter game.
Nick @ The Designer’s Toolbox
I noticed that it was very difficult for me to stay consistent with regular posting. At some point, I felt like I was recycling generic content ("Happy weekend, all!"). No real added value. What would you suggest for someone in that situation?
Sveta Bay
@toolboxofdesign Creating a content matrix and come up with your value proposition πŸ‘€ Here're more tips on it https://blog.makerbox.club/1000-...
Gil King
I love the repurposing content tip! Within that, there's also a super thorough list of AI software products that can help with repurposing content too.
Gaurav Goyal
Very nice tips. I am yet to crack this, so no tips from me on this :(
Micky Nguyen
Thank you for valuable tips! I'm building MVP of my startup Petgotchi - A mobile game app which will be released on Jan 2023. At the moment, I'm focusing on content and community on Twitter. It helps me a lot!
Apollon Latsoudis
Some very interesting tips there- thank you for this