How do you know if you have a good mobile game idea?

Mariana Muntean
9 replies

Replies

Bogdan Glushko
@mariana_muntean Marianna, I most definitely believe that there is almost no such a thing as 'good idea' for a mobile game. You can take a trash idea and make it gold simply by execution and marketing. I had an amazing idea for a game once, everyone loves the idea and thought the game is gonna be amazing, but I failed to execute because of lack of experience and funds. Few years later a game came out exactly as I imagined it being done, and it was a major success...
Mariana Muntean
@porthas thank you for your opinion! I feel the same way. What would've you done differently?
Bogdan Glushko
@mariana_muntean Plan more. That's my biggest problem, always. Should have planned entire thing on the paper first, before starting development. I kind of took agile approach to development of a video game app, trying to figure it out as I go. That lead to many delays, setbacks, and other issues. Need to do as much as you can before you start developing.
Mariana Muntean
@porthas would you be interested in signing up for our upcoming show for indie devs to pitch ideas in front of industry pros here www.cinevva.com?
Karming Chin
@mariana_muntean Hey Mariana, A good way to determine whether or not it's a good mobile game is if you can answer it with a framework. - What: What is your product? How is it different from competitors? - Why: What is the goal it is trying to achieve? How will your game answer to your consumers' needs - what will make them play it? - Who: Who are your users? What are their personas? - Where: As important as the "Who" as they work hand in hand - different countries/cities have different cultures which ultimately impacts how well it's received. - When: Relates to the launch phase (pre, during and post) if you do a good job at position/branding the game in the mind of the consumers. Tremendously influences how well it's received (brand image).
Mariana Muntean
@karming_chin Such a thorough answer! I loved the marketing approach of your answer! How do you know you're doing a good job in pre-launch phase and how do you avoid some of possible mistakes early?
Mariana Muntean
@mitchgillogly yup! The question is what channels are credible and what if there are two or multiple target segments?
LiraLira Lira
To understan is it worth playing, would people play it or no. As for me, it's really hars to make a good game,so I can recommend a mobile development website https://opengeekslab.com/ which helped me to create different apps and software. They are helping to create any kind of website, application, software and other interesting things that you need. Using last technologies, it`s easy to create different kind of applications.