[Help] - Feedback on product idea

Dima Grossman
5 replies
Hi guys I'd love to hear your feedback on a product idea πŸ™πŸΌ Being Makers, Me and my friends have noticed that in each of the products we have built our user experience has been lacking in anything related to notifications. Due to a lack of development resources and the desire to invest our efforts in developing and upgrading the core product, we usually follow one of these two paths: 1, We don't develop a notification system at all. In products that notifications are not a critical part of the product performance, despite all the benefits of user notifications (marketing, conversion, retention, etc.), we give up the notification system for other product features and modules. 2, We develop the minimum necessary infrastructure base to create the most basic notifications. Down the road upgrades are needed and the system requires regular maintenance. In addition, it is very difficult to measure the positive or negative impact of the notifications on users, and to understand whether the notifications are useful and achieve the purpose for which they were created, or are bothering the users and causing them to turn off the notifications altogether or worse to abandon the product. We recently decided to develop an independent infrastructure for notification system. (For internal use of our products only) One that we will invest in on-going development efforts and will invest heavily in unique user experience, management and content system, smart scheduling and contextual systems, dashboard for statistics and insights and of course everything in simple sdk implementation with easy access to API and most importantly after initial implementation the system can be managed and maintained directly from a management panel with minimal need of the development team. The idea behind the project is to allow us to adopt an advanced notifications system in just a few hours, with each new product we develop and thus stop neglecting this very important feature. Now, deep into the advanced characterization and the beginning of the system development, we wonder if this might be a system that companies would like to embed in their product? what do you think about instant notification system or notification system as a SaaS in general? Did you have the same doubts about developing a notification system for your product? Do you think companies are doing enough to provide users with an effective, relevant & customized notification experience? Or will they be happy to get help doing so? We would love to hear what you think Thanks

Replies

Dmitrii Ershov
"what do you think about instant notification system or notification system as a SaaS in general?@ - Yes. But in general, push notifications are already an operating system developer service
Dima Grossman
@dmitrii_ershov Sure, but I feel like there is still a gap between the delivery method (email, push, web push, etc..) and the business logic: Content, aggregation, multi channel, use settings page, and etc on the infrastructure side. Also, would be nice to have a plug and play In app UI Center for my users.
Dmitrii Ershov
@dima_grossman Yes, a gap does really exist. Perhaps you can find a solution that would work as a service of the operating system. It’s hard to figure out how exactly, but why not?
Dima Grossman
@dmitrii_ershov Our solution is mainly to provide a full notification system (Infrastructure + UI) to something similiar to the in-app notifications page on facebook, instagram, jira, etc... The main goal is to provide the best UX for notification in under 30 minutes implementation on the product side.