10 zero and low-budget user acquisition ideas to try in 2023

Sveta Bay
44 replies
1. Sponsor a newsletter issue 2. Run a Twitter giveaway (lead magnet) 3. Write a guest post for a blog 4. Set up affiliate marketing 5. Answer questions on Quora 6. Run a challenge around the problem you solve 7. Create a freebie and give it for an e-mail 8. Cold DM on different platforms πŸ‘Ή 9. Get more backlinks for your website 10. Launch on Product Hunt (sure thing!) πŸ‘‘ What would you add? If you need more ideas, check out this -> https://www.makerbox.club/workbook πŸš€

Replies

Nikhil Gohil
and link your product link at bottom of this type of post πŸ’ͺ πŸ˜€ This is helpful list. Out of all I am just trying just 2 or 3
Vedran Rasic
@basv answer questions on Quora? Is that still a thing? :)
Sveta Bay
@vedranrasic if you search for smth in Google, there's always a quora link on the first page πŸ‘€
Charles Forster
@vedranrasic @basv @fabian_maume Good looking out on QApop! Managing quora on your own is a pain, this tool is going to help a ton
Murali Gottumukkala
Need to try some of them, thanks for sharing
Eddie Forson
Another idea: add your company to startup listing directories.
Anna Chen
Share the link you need to promote in your comments, articles, and posts, but I haven't tried this method yet.
Ezekiel Adewumi
Being sleeping on quora. Thanks for reminding me
Ask or answer questions on sub-Reddit in ur niche:)
Dawns Li
Thanks for sharing. I think we can mention our products whenever is possible. πŸ˜‚
Daniel Pirciu
doing online workshops (aka webinars), although it's old stuff, it still works especially for more expensive/complex products
Iuliia Shnai
Good list! I would add Reddit definitely here.
Lalesultan Güneş
Took my notes, thank you Sveta :)
Edun Kerry
this is really a comprehensive list I'd stress more on the freebies part offering these can create a reputation for giving back to customers (new and existing) and rewarding them for loyalty. Creating a brand image with a strong reputation such as this can keep you ahead of rivals in the market and allow you or your business to continue to grow and take market share.
Sveta Bay
@edun_kerry did you try it? What was the conversion to paid product?
Artem Kirsanov
Nice list! Also nice thing is creating value on your platform of choose. F.e. create article or video how you're building feature in your app. Or share a doc with your top resourses you use as a founder.
Charles Forster
Good list of tactics here. I'd also add respond to discussions on Product Hunt :D
Andjela Milojevic
Cool list, definitely useful tips, I would add besides quora, reddit and stack overflow could be also a resource.
Gloria G
Wowww! Amazing ideas. I will definitely try them out. Thanks for sharing❀️
Elisa Reggiardo
Content Marketing with partners that share your ICP πŸ’«πŸ’™
Steven M. Mihaly
+1 find someone in your network who's got an audience (potential users) and hold a twitter space or clubhouse room with them
M Abdullah Mukhtar
Look for relevant discussion threads on forums and comment there. Help people out and migrate them to your product