10 UNTYPICAL things we did to reach the #1 spot on Product Hunt

Iuliia Shnai
34 replies
1. 🏝 Side project 2 months earlier I launched Onboarding love 🖤 Helped us to: ✔️better understand how PH works ✔️engage with community ✔️make mistakes and we did For example: first launch was too late and on Friday:) 2. 🔥Warm up Engage in discussions before on PH. 🧐Make them interesting 😎Make them related to your product ⏱Publish Monday Test, test, test different messages We initiated 20 discussions in advance. I continue take part in discussions, it is fun 🖐 3. 🐣 Tweet it And share it in DM to people u know. So this is smth I did not do for previous launch 🚀 and I feel this really made a difference. I learned about it 1 day before the launch. My tweet: https://twitter.com/shnai0/statu... 4. 🤡 Brand it Launch branding 🚀 We prepared assets in advance and brand our accounts in all social media: Product Hunt, Twitter and Linkedin. 🖤 avatars 🖤 covers 🖤 GIFS 5. 🔗 Test Message Prepare messages in advance and test them. We use Reddit to test it. We also did it in advance. Also during launch, we shared the best working on Reddit 6. 🙋‍♀️ Personalise it I don’t know if it really worked and helped or not. But I added personal video welcome for the launch. To create a personal connection. 7. 💭 Show value Showcase and provide value. I reached to 20 people and generated forms for their own business. The idea was ✔️to learn more ✔️provide value ✔️ get feedback 🙅‍♀️🛑 not to ask for support on the launch 8. 🤖 Bot it or find a partner On the day of the launch, our team felt a bit like bots 3 of us could respond to the same post and engage WITH EACH OTHER POST. This gave an initial boost. So as a team I suggest thinking on it or find a partner. 9. ⛷ Be quick in the first 3 hours I love a good sleep 😴 so it is always hard to be super active in the morning. And I slow down a bit on the first launch. So here we tried to act very fast first 3 hours To just get all posts out there. 10. 🪄 Magic it Add some magic to the product. Everyone loves cool stuff to play and try, especially the PH community. So to the launch, we prepared a super interactive landing Everyone loved to click and generate forms via it 🖤

Replies

Matt Li
Appreciate the tips!
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
Thanks for the information! And congrats on the launch!
Iuliia Shnai
@joanduarte Joan hopefully it helped! Ping me if you launch soon!
Launching soon!
You did a tremendous job. As you did with personalized video, experimenting with new things is a good way to pull people's traction. Congrats on the success.
Zoe Khel
Congratulations 🎉
Manoj Radhakrishnan
Thanks for sharing this. very insightful
Jim K
Congrats, interesting insights
Marc Seitz
Great advice. I like the idea of launching a side-project first
Janusz Mirowski
Noted! We will launch soon :)
Elli Kim
This is super helpful thank you! I was considering #1 side project and relieved to see other people are doing it & finding it helpful
Aditya Asabe
This is so helpful! Will help a lot with our launch!
Senthil
Thanks for sharing, this will definitely helpful for our launch.
Angeli Zhao
Congratulations! Thank you for these tips! We see a lot of repetitive tips and these are really helpful.
Nikki R G
Thanks for sharing this! Really helpful!
Fitore Miftari
Congrats on the launch and thanks on the information!
Anu
Congrats on the launch!! We are launching soon (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...) and this was really insightful.