10,000+ followers on PH vs 10,000+ followers on LinkedIn

Mubeen Masudi
7 replies
What would you prefer and why?

Replies

Bhaskar Pratim
From what I have observed so far, followers on Product Hunt are a big flex in the product community, whereas, on Linkedin, it's like a status update. Which can be leveraged to nurture your portfolio, product, or business. So, for me, it's 10,000+ followers on LinkedIn :)
Utkarsh Gupta
Product Hunt any day! This is where most of the budding entrepreneurs and creative ideas are. Sorry to say but, LinkedIn is no better than Facebook nowadays!
Mubeen Masudi
@ug911 Yes, 100% agree on that! A friend recently said LinkedIn is the Instagram of Millennials!
Bhaskar Pratim
@ug911 @mubeen I am the millennial you're talking about. Interested to have a discussion around this anytime :)
Mubeen Masudi
@ug911 @bhaskar_pratim On a serious note So I just launched my product on Product Hunt and it's been great so far! I got a lot of attention and even some early adopters. But now I'm thinking about expanding my reach and building my professional network. That's why I'm considering LinkedIn as well. I heard LinkedIn is good for connecting with other pros in your industry and sharing your thoughts and ideas. But then again, Product Hunt is perfect for getting early traction and feedback on a new product. It's got a big community of makers and early adopters who are always on the lookout for the next big thing. I don't know what's the better choice, but I think it depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to promote your product, go with Product Hunt. If you want to build your professional brand, LinkedIn is the way to go.
Maria
@ug911 I absolutely agree... I have realized that recently LinkedIn algorithm works strangely, even adds are not as they were before, and moreover - I don't feel supportive energy there... Don't want to be negative about this network, it has many good points of course, but for creative crew, developing ideas and products, getting feedbacks, and feeling support of the community - deeeefinitively PH! 🧡