0 to 45K users in 12 months: Our journey πŸš€

Busra Ozgumus
60 replies
πŸš€ We wanted to build an AI-powered productivity assistant. πŸ“§ Prior to development, we launched a simple email newsletter and landing page to collect leads. We promised daily emails with habit suggestions, which we coded in 5 days. (Check out Insumo 1.0 launch at my Profile) 🌱 We obtained ~1000 organic leads with launching on Product Hunt, BetaList, and Reddit to generate interest. πŸ’° With the traction gained, we secured a pre-seed funding round from investors. πŸ“± With the funding we launched our iOS app, as our target audience and 80% of paying users are on iOS. πŸ’» We did Performance marketing on Facebook, Snapchat etc and brought in 25K+ more users. πŸ“ With paid traffic also resulting in organic traffic which bumped us to 35K users. πŸ”We later started playing the SEO game, wrote content in various platforms and mostly on our website www.insumo.io. Kept creating content on social media, created podcasts called "Habit Talks" and kept talking with our active users which helped us to gain 10K users. 🧠 Our focus was to acquire mostly free users, learn from their behavior and needs, and launch our AI-powered web app. πŸš€ Now We're preparing for the public beta launch of our web app.

Replies

Peri Besiraci
πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€
Edgars
How long it was your performance marketing on social media sites?
Wonderful. Can your share your experience on launching on Reddit? Did you follow any specific strategy?
@hamza_afzal_butt We were basically stalking our target users on Reddit to see what issues they were having with our competitors and what gets them excited. And let's just say we made a lot of mistakes, but we're not afraid to admit it - we course-corrected along the way.
Nuno Reis
WOW these are amazing results? How did you use reddit to your advantage? Im very curious as reddit is usually very averse to promotion of your own stuff.
@nuno_ms_reis We used reddit mostly to understand which problems are our target users experiencing in our competitors and what are their interests. Maybe I'll do another discussion only based on our experience on Reddit the mistakes we did and key learnings.
Nuno Reis
@ozgumusbusra I would love that. Reddit has immense potential I think, but I for sure don't know how to take advantage of it, so would love to learn from your experience :)
Brady LewisπŸ€–
Very exciting! Congrats on all the success and thanks for sharing your process.
Pleasure Meditation
You had me with just your name. Brilliant! 😎 CongratsπŸ”₯
Great learnings, Thanks for sharing.
Azfar Ahmed
Amazing, thanks for sharing
πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€
Wow, congrats on the impressive result!
Wow! Those are some amazing results! Thank you for sharing your journey. I love the part where you coded the solution in 5 days πŸ˜„
oscar garcia
Congrats and thanks for the tips.
Mei
This is incredible. Congrats. What was the conversion rate from your initial list of 1000 leads to users?
Sai K
Amazing Journey. New to PH. Good to know you are spending time on writing.
Shubhangi
Thanks for sharing, this is the actionable content we need more
Andrey Simagin
Thank you! Brief and to the point!