GitKraken Git GUI is the legendary client for Windows, Mac and Linux. It helps developers become more productive and efficient with Git. It's free for public repositories!
Made the jump from Sourcetree after their Windows app started getting really bloated and slow, really enjoy the speed difference between the two, and dark themes always give a bonus.
As stated above, the only feature from ST I'd like to see in GK is the ability to push tags with commits, and push all tags
- Lovely GUI
- Easy to use and read visually
- Pretty intuitive
- Setting up auth with Git providers was a pain
- No option to push tags with commits (have to push them separately and individually)
GitKraken was where I finally got into using rebase as part of my daily flow. It has really helped me work through quite a number of complicated merges as well
- easy to setup and use
- smooth integration with GH, BB, GL
- Turned rebasing into a joy
- high cadence of updates
In rare cases it can take a few seconds to pick up on changes
Generally I really like GitKraken. I use it everyday for my job as a replacement for Source Tree.
Even though it's very good I still think there are a lot of room for advancement. It can be super-awesome by adding simple but important features.
- More performant than Source Tree
- Has integrations with Github, GitLab and BitBucket
- You can undo/redo
- Has a fuzzy finder
- Can't display very old commits and commit author's email address, expand file in the UI, discard multiple file changes
- Pro is expensive