Packs let you connect your doc to apps you use to design, code, and communicate. So you can make docs as powerful as apps.
- Extends the power of Coda w integrations to popular external services
- Elegantly designed integrations makes adding new services simpleCons:
More packs please!
Coda is already one of my favorite tools that enables creation of powerful app-like experiences with the familiar and simple paradigm of docs and tables.
With Packs, Coda gets supercharged by easily connecting with popular external services such as Slack, Github and Intercom. This opens up brand new use cases to create simple workflow and project management tools to better aligns teams, provide more transparency, and more easily get shi--things done. Check out the examples--you'll be impressed.Tameez Sunderji has used this product for one year.
- Excel, but made for developersCons:
- Still in Beta, so a few bugs here and there
Coda has saved me so much time normalizing data, and even organizing my business. It's funny because I was struggling with Excel and Numbers just when I received the invite, so I was able to see how much better it is right when I was going through all the typical painpoints of that type of software.
So many good concepts:
- Columns can have a default value and a column formula, no more dragging your formula accross cells ;
- Functions are much more powerful and let you write without thinking about cell coordinates. The syntax is very JS-y so it's much easier for a developer to use it, and I suspect it ends up being easier for non-coding people too ;
- Being able to regroup data, hide columns and filter rows so fast is a blessing.
- It's super easy to view your data under a different angle with all the integrated modes: Kanban board, Calendar…
I really like Coda and can't stop talking about it as you can see.Ethan ✏ has used this product for one month.