1Password 7 for Mac and Windows
Save your passwords and log in to sites with a single click
1Password 7 for Mac and Windows is our biggest launch to date.
- All new design to help you find what you need faster
- Windows Hello and Touch ID with Secure Enclave support to unlock in a flash
- Tight integration with 1Password.com memberships and support for standalone vaults
- Nested tags, 2fa support, Watchtower, and SO much more!
The same 1password, just better UI
Requires a subscription, so my 1Password 6 license is not usable anymore
I have been using 1Password 6 for long time, with an old one time license. Now instead I have to pay monthly for an upgrade that has only UI changes, and something something related to TouchID...
Not very happy.Lorenzo Setale has used this product for one year.
Flexible, feature rich and gorgeous password manager
Can be hard to understand / use for non-technicals
I've been using 1Password for years and it simply keeps getting better with every release. I now have my entire family on a subscription as well, now I just need to make them actually use it 😊Anders Bech Mellson has used this product for one year.
Became worse in every aspect
1. They force you to subscribe and almost begging you to remove old vault file after a switch. It's a trap. There's no way back. You cannot export vault back, just plain unecrypted text without attachments. Ha!
Also AgileBits removes all negative related comments at their blog. Love that kind of transparency and openness!
2. The UI is a awful. The previous version was sleek and functional. The new one is busy and full of unnecessary bells and whistles traditional for certain class of expensive and useless utilities.
https://grumpy.website/post/0Q2_84hfv - this is the hilarious example of over-designed marketing bs. The redesign for the sake of redesign, just to justify the switching to the new version.
The Mini is so dense and distractive now, sigh. BTW, they even managed to make its menu bar icon worse. Just look at this ugly antialiasing. Yeah, nice touches!
3. App became sluggish. Try to remove couple items and see what will happen.
4. Cmd+\ combination could not be remapped to the old browser only behaviour. It now interferes with my custom shortcuts in a text editor. I wrote to the support and heard no answer back. Premium support all the things!
5. They removed folders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's a tale as old as time. Something cool becomes worse and worse because of the greedy.
Going to switch back to the 6th version, hope it will be usable for some time.
Do not see why almost everyone is so excited about then.Bogdan Slovyagin has used this product for one month.
I have 1Password 6.8. It syncs with iCloud, it works great. I see no benefit to justify paying every month, I would much rather pay one-off upgrade price every couple of years rather than have to budget for a such a small cost every month. Small costs are easy to afford but for accounting they are major headache, especially if there are lots of subscriptions.Ian has used this product for one year.
Excellent UI, 2FA and Watchtower
I've used 1Password for many years, for me it's the best password manager out there. I love the ability to use in-app 2FA, as well as the 'Watchtower' function that uses Troy Hunt's 'Have You Been Pawned' database and tells you if one of your accounts has been compromised.Mark Jordan has used this product for one year.
Password manager is a must, and this is a pretty good one
Lousy pricing policy. Subscription model for a product that doesn't get better.
Find a good password manager that's a one-time purchase. Not every app can be a subscription...Kurt Krumme has used this product for one year.
Great new UI, same great core features, continuous improvement
I love this password manager.Alex Gordon has used this product for one year.
ultimate sync across all devices. The best so far.
I've used different password managers for the last 5 years. 1Password is the best so far.Victor Bous has used this product for one year.