Would you rather...

Catherine Norris
15 replies
Let's play "Would you rather" for Product Managers. I'll go first: Would you rather have all the time and resources to build the perfect roadmap, or never have to take feature requests from your CEO ever again?

Replies

Catherine Norris
Add your own "Would you rather" in the comments!
Irina Haupt
@maywong GREAT TEAM all the way! Also, is there really such a thing as a boring market? There's excitement everywhere if you just broaden your perspective.
Michael Silber
I'm going to say time and resources for a perfect roadmap. I'm surprised that the poll currently shows the opposite opinion. I think if we as product managers can't effectively tell the strategic story to leadership, we will get these drop-in features. That being said, if I noticed this happening then I'm probably missing a critical piece of information that should be helping guide my planning. Also, @ahiggz has some pretty good feature requests
Irina Haupt
I am so torn and looking forward to the discussion here! 👀
Vinay Sharma
More time and resources! Then I can build anything… ✍️💨
Damon West
I’m a CEO, so….
Catherine Norris
@damon_west1 😅 all in good fun! What would your "would you rather" be?
Damon West
@catherine_norris - if I were a product manager, having the insight of a CEO, I’d say that’s a trick question as both are problematic. Having unlimited time and resources makes for projects that rarely meet deadlines and limit the additional creativity generated by pressure. And… come on… some of us CEOs. Have good ideas.. 😁
Indu Thangamuthu
There's no such thing as a perfect roadmap or... no space for expansion. It seems I might not choose both.🫥 weirdo brain
Catherine Norris
@indu_thangamuthu Fair enough! What would your "would you rather" be instead? 😊