Why are we still buying clothes online separate from our closet?

Ilya Berdysh
5 replies
I never buy just sneakers or just a shirt. I will wear it with other items in my closet. Why doesn't any big ecommerce company have their own virtual fitting room to help me decide what to buy? Who knows examples of such fitting rooms or tell me why it can't work?

Replies

Andrey Bozhjev
Hi, Ilya! Check out this kind of report. Maybe you will find something interesting for you https://www.marketsandmarkets.co... The virtual fitting rooms market is growing nicely, with the market expected to reach $7.6B by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate of 21%.
Daniil Andreev
@ilyaberdysh That's a great topic. I was building virtual fitting rooms at my fashiontech startup - EasyTry , and worked with different fashion players, from small brands to the largest fashion marketplaces. There are a few reasons why we are still doing online shopping in old school style: Technically - it's not feasible now because you need it to look great, understand your sizes perfectly, and be predictable. (Generative AI is not controllable). Even the biggest datasets like Google's Shopping don't allow you to build such algorithms for virtual fitting. Business: User perspective - consumers purchase the sexy image, inspiration, confidence, and storytelling behind the product. Some consumers are not encouraged when they finally see themselves in the desired outfit. Business: eCommerce perspective - at the end of the day, no matter what we dream about, the company will be focused on revenue and profits. In eCommerce, they start by focusing on Conversion Rate. While a virtual fitting room is exciting for some brands, products, and audiences, it may increase the bounce rate for others. Believe it or not, if any existing virtual fitting room would guarantee a conversion rate increase, we would already use it everywhere, from Shopify stores to Amazon.
munaza
Chrome Hearts isn't just a brand; it's a lifestyle adorned with a rebellious spirit and an unmistakable sense of luxury. Established in 1988 by Richard Stark, Chrome Hearts transcends the conventional boundaries of fashion, seamlessly blending high-quality craftsmanship with a distinctive edge.
Alexasmith
Fajas, or women's shapewear, have become increasingly popular for their ability to enhance and contour the female figure. These garments are designed to provide support and shape to different areas of the body, offering a range of options to cater to individual preferences and needs. Whether you're looking for waist cinchers, bodysuits, or compression leggings, Fajas women's shapewear comes in various styles to target specific areas like the waist, hips, thighs, and buttocks. Fajas women's shapewear often utilizes high-quality, elastic materials that offer both comfort and flexibility, allowing for ease of movement while providing the desired level of compression. Many Fajas products are designed to be discreet under clothing, making them suitable for everyday wear or special occasions. Some may also include features such as breathable fabrics and adjustable closures to ensure a personalized and comfortable fit. https://fajasfits.com/
Andew Andreevich
I recently tried applying an image to a T-shirt using iron on paper. Overall the process was fairly simple, but I did encounter a little difficulty transferring the image onto the fabric. I have found that it is important to follow the instructions carefully and take your time to avoid wrinkled areas. I also used an additional product to hold the image in place after applying it to the fabric to make sure it would last.